Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 July 2008
I love painting boats but quite often have trouble with the shape of them. I am so glad that this series has a boats and harbours option. I still quite often take these books and try to draw the images myself rather than use the tracing directly, but seeing the drawing in a large size gives you an idea of how to draw the image.

I think this is a great series of books. I have all of them published so far and have just noticed that there will be another two, which i will pre-order.

The books are great for beginners and also can be used by intermediate painters as well. The pictures are varied and the auhtor helpful with tips. 5 star for me..
on 27 July 2010
I really like the paintings in this book however I would suggest that some of them are not really suitable for beginners, but at least this gives you the opportunity to progress! Detailed step by step instructions make it east to follow.

There is one HUGE glaring error in this book. Look at the picture on the cover of the book, the reflection of the boat cabin in the water does not match the actual boat, it is reversed, and the aerial is also in the wrong position - Just me being pedantic!!!!! :-)

Still a great book.
on 18 September 2009
Very good book for people who enjoy painting but struggle to do good drawings. The easy to follow instuction help make the whole painting experience really enjoyable.
on 18 April 2009
I enjoyed using this book. Makes painting boats/water much easier. I'd recommend it to anyone who is just starting out with watercolour and, perhaps, acrylic painting.
on 13 February 2014
This is far more than I expected as there are drawings to trace onto your paper. Its good in the sense that you're not spending loads of time drawing your picture, you can just paint. the down side is that its a bit like painting by numbers. The book its self is easy to follow and give good details, step by step. This also give good techniques that you learn as you go along. Would recommend any one who's just starting out or not very confident at drawing this is really good. I've learnt a lot from it already.
on 15 June 2012
Great book with instructions for all the paintings - easy to follow and an inspiration for a novice to master the art of painting boats - some lovely scenes to paint
on 31 May 2009
Helpful tencniques for effects & results. Extra content would make this book more regularly usable.
on 2 September 2013
This is one of the best artists to help teach anyone the different techniques that we all need to paint masterpieces of our own, Great tips, skills and techniques that will help beginners and the more experienced artists Awesome composition for us to copy and try out so even the people that can't draw can have a painting to be proud of after you have a go with this truly helpful book.
on 11 December 2011
this s of a great help to my students and i we can now get a great insight into how we could be going wrong and ihow to rectify it
on 21 December 2013
Be an absolute beginner this book as ideal for the likes of me who have little practical experience of the subject and live in a part of the world where it is almost impossible to receive any teaching on the subject. This product is unique in that the author allows us to us his sketches ready made on tracing paper to outline the subject before painting. His step by step approach is almost as good as being in a classroom!!!