5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginners and more experienced artists
Published on 5 April 2009 by N. Newton

3.0 out of 5 stars Style
Not quite the style of watercolours that I am interested in painting,although they are very well painted with lovely colours.
Published 7 months ago by Kay edwards

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginners and more experienced artists, 5 April 2009
N. Newton (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Watercolour Flower Painter's A to Z: An Illustrated Directory of Techniques for Painting 50 Popular Flowers (Paperback)
I've bought a number of 'Teach yourself' watercolour books, but this one managed to teach me the basics of watercolour and flower painting all at the same time. The pictures are so clear that I traced them,transferred them to watercolour paper and then followed the step by step painting guide for each flower. Even the first attempt looked amazing (you can't go too wrong, it is so clear). Seriously the best in my collection - be warned though - you'll be wanting to go and buy all the artist watercolour paints named in the book before long!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent Tuition, 8 April 2009
dmm "hmac" (Canterbury, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is a very good introduction to flower painting with a wealth of information that gives valuable instruction to intermediate students and the more advanced. It is beautifully illustrated and a joy to look at. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. I have several books on how to paint flowers but keep coming back to this one over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars the watercoloue flower painter's A to Z, 28 May 2009
Mrs. S. Hale - See all my reviews
this book is wonderful ,I belong to an art group and I had one of these books last year ,now this is about the six book of the watercolour flower painter's book that I ordered ,when ever the others see the wonderfull pictures in this book they want one .

4.0 out of 5 stars Can recommend this book, 10 April 2011
I was pleased with this book when I received it, it was in good condition and delivered quite quickly.
The contents are pleasing, pretty much every flower you would ever want to paint is in this book so for anyone that loves painting flowers this is a good book to add to your collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever Watercolour flower painting book., 26 April 2010
I can honestly say that I found this book excellent, easily the best book, please write another one!!! I have learnt so much since I have had this book, and have also done some good paintings myself from the actual flower but referring to the book for colours and composition. BRILLIANT!

4.0 out of 5 stars one of the best, 18 July 2009
Judy L. Rockell "book hog" (england) - See all my reviews
This has become one of my favorites on painting flowers.The instructions are easy to follow. being new to watercolours,it has been most helpfull on teaching the mixing of watercolours and techniques.I paint a flower from the book,then go out and get my own flowers to paint,using the instructions and techniques from the book.I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars watercolour flowers a-z, 26 Jun 2011
this book was in very good cndition,very easy to follow step by step,all steps were clear &colours and all preps, i would give it 9 out of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars THE WATERCOLOUR FLOWER PAINTER'S A TO Z, 2 May 2010
Mrs. Frances Maynard (suffolk uk) - See all my reviews
I purchased this a a gift for a friend who was new to watercolour painting, he was delighted with the detailed techniques described and found it a great help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
Helped out with a lot of good ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 4 May 2014
I enjoyed looking at the paintings on each page. Adelene's style of writing was easy to read and informative which gave me confidence to tackle painting some flowers myself .i would recommend this tons novice painter or to someone who was looking for a really useful reference book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›