on 29 April 2005
As an enthusiastic amateur crafter of three years experience I found this book a refreshing source of new ideas and techniques to expand my range of activities - all were clearly described and illustrated. I have already tried out two new styles - the iris folding and the teabag folding with great success.
on 24 May 2006
I have been crafting for many years and this is the first book I have found for card making that is helpful on all levels - ideas, instructions, techniques etc. It has everything for anyone who has just started crafting to someone who's been crafting for decades to gain inspiration from....a must have!
on 12 April 2009
Be aware that this book is actually made up of segments of previous Search Press books-Teabag,Iris,Lace,Peeloff,Embroidered,Punched,SilkPainted,Glasspainted,Metal and Wire,Polymer clay,Embossed and Rubberstamped Greetings cards from the series. That actually makes a it very good, value for money book, as you get a little of a lot of techniques,just be aware that if you already have a few of the Search Press books,check how many are in this book.I like the format, and the clear concise way everything is explained.If you want to try new things, these are the books for you- there is also a second one,The All New Compendium of Cardmaking Techniques, which covers a different selection of topics.If you are interested in any of the topics they cover, they are well worth the purchase.
on 13 May 2009
This is an excellent book for someone like me with no experience whatsoever on the subject. It's full of simple, but really effective ways of producing a great range of card effects with relatively little more than coloured paper & scissors ranging up to available craft items like stickers, lace, foils, punches etc.
I'd ordered the 'All New Compendium of Cardmaking Techniques' within a day of receiving this. I really recommend this to anyone with an interest in making their own birthday cards etc. If I was to criticise it at all it would be to say it almost overloads you with possibilities and you have to remember to hold back on using too many at once.
on 17 July 2009
I saw this book and bought it for my wife who is a dedicated cardmaker and crafter...what a bonus that was for me as after she had looked through it she pronounced it marvellous as it contained so much information in a well written and well illustrated style. Lately she has had an interest in tea-bagging,(tea bagging?? don't ask me?? I though tea bagging was making numerous cups of tea...apparently NOT.) so much so that she purchased, (through me) from Amazon an expensive new book on the subject. She informs me that this book has so much more information on the said subject that it makes the previously bought book with tea bagging as the sole subject redundant. Just love them brownie points....
on 19 August 2010
I borrowed a copy of this book from the Library and liked it so much that I didn't want to give it back. But they insisted, so I had to buy one of my own. I enjoy making cards etc. and have a large assortment of bits and pieces, but tend to lack the initial inspiration and that is where this book comes into it's own. Because it is made up of 'tasters' from several other books it is exactly what I need to get started.
on 21 July 2010
I bought this for a friend who had just started card making. Its full of great ideas and gives easy steps for creating the cards without being patronising. Highly recommended
on 19 October 2013
I just received this book today and I am so happy about my purchase. When it comes to books Amazon is the best place cuz you can find a real bargain, and get good quality merchandize. I buy all my books on Amazon cuz i buy second hand books, and i trust the source and i get books in excellent conditions. This book is A MUST HAVE if you wanna learn about card making. It is a wonderful journey of discovering many techniques, tools and ideas of how to make greeting cards, you can use laces, felt material, silk, glass paint and silk paint and many more things and products...I was amazed how many ways you can use many things we havein front of our eyes in in everyday life, like loose jewellery ( a broken necklace), wire, or even broken glass and more. I am very pleased and i m waiting for two more books. I recommend it to anyone who love to experiment, to learn new things. Also the delivery was quite fast. Thank you seller and thank you Amazon :) Very happy!
on 14 April 2010
Well presented and beautifully illustrated. I was a bit disappointed as it seemed to be a compilation of other books on cardmaking techniques I have already seen.

In fact nothing really new - I would not have bought it in a bookshop, having first flicked through it, as it was all familiar.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 December 2013
I already had this book, which I thought was an excellent guide for making cards and so I bought another as a Christmas present for my daughter-in-law, who has recently taken up card-making herself. She was delighted with it and sat reading it before we sat down to eat lunch.