4.0 out of 5 stars Painting with Acrylics- Arnold Lowrey, 2 July 2009
Francie "Fran" (West Country, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Painting with Acrylics (Acrylic Painting Tips & Techniques) (Paperback)
I am a beginner and found the book well laid out and informative.The techniques are explained well. I bought the book after seeing a demonstration by the author. I think you need to know the basics of watercolour painting though to get the best out of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars great beginners book, 5 May 2011
S. Acheson - See all my reviews
this is a great book for a beginner like myself but it is not limied to beginners. many of the techniques described and illustrated in the book are the product of an experienced and skilled artist. The descriptions are not too wordy and the step by step guides are invaluable. Higly recommend the book to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought if as a gift, 19 Nov. 2011
This book is a gift for my daughter who enjoys painting as a hobby. She chose it amongst many so I assume this is a good illustrative book.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 24 May 2013
book as required this book has lots of pictures from around the med and provides lots of inspirational ideas and paintings

5.0 out of 5 stars Painting with Acrylics, 13 Dec. 2011
B. Crowther "keen reader" (Nr Selby UK) - See all my reviews
Good book, I'm hoping it will inspire me to start using the acrylics I have had for years. Very good helpful content. I hope to get started soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful no nonsense guide., 2 Aug. 2013
I am just beginning acrylics after doing watercolours and was relieved to find this artist does both and combines both disciplines in this book. Most of the paintings are quite exciting to do and satisfying. I would have liked more examples to follow but apart from that I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clear informative book, 25 Mar. 2014
Having painted with watercolours for years I decided to have a go with acrylics.l have found this book very good having clear instructions and examples. And have now finished two paintings which a I am very pleased with ..Book arrived promptly ,well packaged as usual from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... years than I can remember I found this book excellent in explaining so many different techniques and tips in ..., 7 Mar. 2015
Having been a watercolourist for more years than I can remember I found this book excellent in explaining so many different techniques and tips in using acrylics I am now moving onto pastures new with subject matters well done Mr lowrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Dec. 2013
C. L. Martin (Bristol England) - See all my reviews
Came in time for Christmas - I am now reading it & hope to put it into practice as soon as my art club restarts after the break something I am very keen to do!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Painting with Acrylics, 9 Feb. 2010
Mrs. C. A. Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
Painting with Acrylics was delivered promptly and has made excellent reading. It is helping me with my aim to paint good pictures.

Painting with Acrylics (Acrylic Painting Tips & Techniques)
Painting with Acrylics (Acrylic Painting Tips & Techniques) by Arnold Lowrey (Paperback - Jan. 2005)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available