‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Three-dimensional Embroidery Stitches (Needlecrafts) (Paperback)
arrived quick and there are many things to try out in it. A good bokk to keep handy and refere to when you need some good ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars Visually stimulating and inspiring, 6 Oct 2013
According to the biographical blurb, Pat is a life member of the Embroiderers’ Guild, she teaches, and she has had her work featured in Needlework Magazine and New Stitches Magazine.

I was immediately taken with the brightly coloured cover which shows examples of various raised stitches used to make flowers, and I wasn’t disappointed with the rest of the book either. Pat shows 17 stitches in a clear step by step format using photographs with descriptive text underneath each picture. I set myself the task of trying every one. Some, such as stem stitch and French knots, I was familiar with and they were easy. I had no difficulty with the Palestrina knot stitch, the tufting or the raised bands. I did have a bit of difficulty with the whipped spider’s web – that took three tries! – and the cast on buttonhole (I cannot knit or crochet to save my life), but I absolutely loved the woven picot. So easy, yet so effective. In the book, Pat demonstrates this in short versions on the owl’s wings and sunflower petals, and in a longer version on the daffodil and snowdrop leaves. There are also a couple of ways of doing roses with woven rose and Banksia rose, and the raised cup stitch, and with the raised leaf you employ a little piece of card to get the same size loops before you drag them over and finish with the stem.

Pat also touches on colouring fabric and framing, and gives four projects with templates, a couple of which include making three dimensional rocks with stuffed stocking nylon.

Would I recommend this book? Absolutely. I found it clear, informative, visually satisfying and inspiring. It’s a winner. See my full review on [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 9 Sep 2013
Excellent book just what I needed. This gives me inspiration for help in producing stumpwork pictures. Thank you very much

5.0 out of 5 stars Crafty Magic, 3 July 2013
I bought this for a friend at my craft group and she was delighted with it. She says she frequently refers to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book of Three Dimensional Embroidery Stitches., 19 May 2013
This book is wonderful! It has lovely pictures and shows you how to create the wonderful flowers and tells you all about the different stitches to recreate petals, grass and all other bits and bobs.
It's worth every penny and will get you keen to start stitching right away.
I'm buying one for my Mum too...We love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best present for a friend, 8 Jan 2013
M. Morris (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for a friend of mine and although I can't review it for myself, her comments were " this is a marvellous book and just what she wanted" Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Textiles, 8 Jan 2013
A book by a well know embroiderer who gives good hints and tips on various stitches and their uses for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Three Dimensional Embroidery Stiches, 20 Dec 2012
Mr. Geoffrey Wood (Beeston Notts uk) - See all my reviews
A very useful book showing the techiques needed to produce a wide rang of stiches and give hours of pleasure to it owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars super little book, 14 Dec 2012
some lovely tips that can be adapted to create some wonderful images. I'll dip into it again and again. Great

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Three-dimensional Embroidery Stitches (Needlecrafts)
Three-dimensional Embroidery Stitches (Needlecrafts) by Pat Trott (Paperback - July 2004)
6.26