5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book for the Practicing Teacher
Having recently embarked on a PGCE course, I felt overwhelmed by the amount of jargon and achronyms that teachers use to explain their teaching methods.

I bought Gravell's book based on good reviews and I wasn't let down. Anne writes in clear and easy to follow chapters that don't overload the brain and has become an essential book in my teaching library...
Published on 5 Dec 2009 by Mr. Lm Russell

1.0 out of 5 stars From a student's persepctive
Previous feedback left by myself and fellow purchasers of this book appear to have been removed!

In the considered opinion of myself and a number of other cohort members who purchased this book in anticipation of using it on our PTLLS, our conclusion was its usefulness was severely limited and had very little to offer us.

We all felt its content...
Published on 18 Jan 2009 by rob from essex

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN, 25 Aug 2010
NOT THE YOUNGEST OF NEW TEACHERS BUT FOUND THIS VERY USEFUL AND IT ENCOURAGED ME TO GO FURTHER.Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector

4.0 out of 5 stars Neaz Ahmed, 26 May 2010
N. ahmed (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (Further Education and Skills) (Paperback)
I am doing a course on CG 7303 Preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector (PTLLS) I found Ann Gravells book easy to follow and even though not adequate on its own to complete the course. it was good to read it as a guidance to doing the assignments. i would recommend it for this course.

4.0 out of 5 stars Teaching, 23 April 2010
G. Skeen "Likes Beans" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
I am studying this course and have found this book a great guide to the skills needed.
It is easy to read with a succinct format, giving lots of room for your own ideas to develop.
I am unable to find any down sides, but I am only at the begining of my training so little experience yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars teaching text, 1 April 2010
L. S. Comerford-park (bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
This is a much needed book on the Preparing to Teach in the lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLs) course. I used it as a point of reference or for quotes in nearly everything I did! and it's great for summarising all those long, and boring teaching theories. Very accessible.
The book itself arrived quickly and in great condition. It was the best price too.

4.0 out of 5 stars C&G 7303 Book, 15 Mar 2010
Good value book and very relevant and supportive for anyone undertaking the C&G 7303 (PTLLS) course.

4.0 out of 5 stars Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS), 27 Feb 2010
A very thorough book, especially for those who do not have any teaching experience: dealing with the outlines (e.g. LLUK codes of practices, legislation..) without going too deep as it is an introduction to the teaching conceptual framework.
Would recommend it with another one in the same line (of own choice): to compare the notions and understand them better with different examples drawn from the authors' experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful backup material, 20 Nov 2009
This book accompanies the course that I am on at the moment. The course itself is comprehensive, but there`s only so much you can take in during the lesson. I found this book a valueable resource for required coursework tasks. It is well laid out, following the course through its stages. I am so glad the tutor suggested it and I would strongly recommend having a copy for anyone taking this qualification.

4.0 out of 5 stars Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning sector, 5 Nov 2009
M. Vrakas (London UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic book...essential for the City & Guilds Course, Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning sector. Simply laid out, and lots of very useful information and facts.Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector

5.0 out of 5 stars preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector, 19 Oct 2009
Mrs. E. Jones (UK) - See all my reviews
This book was delived quickly and in good condition, as brought new or used, seems new, this book is gives all the information needed for supporting you on the PTLLS course and a good informative book to support to writing the end assessment and to keep up to date information on the learning course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Preparing to Teach in Life Long Learning, 28 April 2009
I recently started the PTTLS course and was given a list of recommended reads. I borrowed a few from the library however I noticed when referencing for my assignment, this was the only book I use. The book is very easy to read, straight forward and to the point.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›