on 31 August 2006
I was absolutely terrified about starting my first school placement last year. One of my lecturers told me about this book and it helped me feel so much more relaxed about my first few days in school. It gives you advice on how to deal with difficult kids as well as activity suggestions which the children really enjoyed. I'd highly recommend this book if you're going into your first placement soon.
on 30 October 2009
This is a very good book to support learning that takes place whilst on teaching placement. It was recommended to me by my tutor and I have found it very useful to back up what I have been doing in placement.
on 30 August 2011
I begin my PGCE tomorrow, and bought this book in advance of my first placement. It is a great read, it highlights some key points and told me what I can expect from my placement and how best to prepare for it. I really would recommend this book if you are at all apprehensive about beginning your first, second or third placement.
on 6 August 2010
good reference tool - will hopefully be beneficial when i am on uni placements, this was used for my pre course placements and gave useful tips. worth buying
on 27 August 2013
my daughter is going to uni to become a teach, excellent book for her. would recommend it to others people
on 21 April 2016
Good book . Loads of tips. A worthwhile read.
on 14 December 2014