on 30 October 2007
I have loved commando books since my grandad got me hooked when I was ten. He used to get four a month, then hand them on to me. This All Guns Blazing collection is in my opinion the best of the 4 commando collections out at the moment. It gives a good selection of army, RAF and navy stories. The plane stories were always my favourites and the ones in this book are top notch. Most of the books in the collection are in the late hundreds so it is unlikely that you have read them as the commando books out today are over the 4 thousand mark. All in all this is a top notch collection and well worth the money. Go on relive a bit of your childhood.
on 27 April 2008
What a marvellous collection of stories from the superb Commando comic archives.
I had already bought & eagerly devoured the stories in "The Dirty Dozen" & "True Brit" collections & this volume continued in the same pulsating fashion. Some really exciting stories that really take you back in time. Some of these stories are better written than some of the "reading" books I see my kids with - what does that say ?
Enough of the ramblings of a grumpy old cynic - this is a super collection - the nostalgia value is worth the money alone but the stories are brilliant too. The valour of the British serviceman in World War 2, the victories against seemingly impossible odds & the thrills & spills along the way.Highly recommended.
on 5 December 2014
I have been an ardent reader of Commando Comics since my childhood but wasn't able to pursue the same owing to call of duty. Got it neatly packed on 05 December, 2014. Though I haven't read all of 'em, but the initial scanning has lead to the impression that these are indeed 12 of the best... The following are the individual titles:-
1. Fire Over England
9. Sea Strike
10.Assassin!
11.They Flew by Night
12.Colonel Scarface
Thanks to Amazon for providing these at a wonderful price.... Overall... A Great Buy...Gonna buy more of 'em... Bash on regardless...
on 24 November 2013
My grandson loves these books, He will spend all afternoon reading. As winter is coming I think it will be a good way to keep him happy.
on 10 December 2011
Although a bit too big to fit in your back pocket, this is the ULTIMATE boy's book for the bathroom!
on 9 March 2016
Excellent both in drawing and stories . Normally collections by Commando engaged in a particular subject here we can see the different branches of the British Army during World War II . A perfect compilation..
on 29 August 2012
My husband enjoyes war stories especially these books. He always looks forward to new ones coming in the post so he is now waiting for the next one to add to his collection
on 16 February 2013
Exactly as described. Enjoyable to read and the recipient of this was very pleased. It is rather heavy so I wouldnt reccomend it should leave the house.
on 8 February 2013
Bought this for my son at Christmas. He loved it and is hoping I will buy another one for his birthday and put one in his stocking every Christmas.
on 9 June 2013
excellent value and a great read for anyone that likes commado books or comics. I enjoy the option to read more than one at a quick glance.