5.0 out of 5 stars A Positive and Affirming Celebration of Gay Sex
The Gay Man's Kama Sutra is a friendly and approachable book that will appeal to many, but I would suggest that it is suitable more for a beginner or someone who is curious about their options rather than the more experienced reader - I doubt they would discover much that is new to them.

The words "Kama Sutra" are often mistaken as indicating a salacious A to Z...
Published on 11 Jun 2010 by Seeker of The Source

2.0 out of 5 stars The most disappointing 5 minutes of my life!
I must say that I expected a lot more than a guide to safe sex and avoiding contracting HIV. Not that it is not important but thinking "Kama Sutra" you expect ancient and illustrious ways of having sex. This is more a guide to avoid illness than having great sex. Kept me busy for approximately 5 minutes.
Published on 22 Jun 2011 by plaid

5.0 out of 5 stars A Positive and Affirming Celebration of Gay Sex, 11 Jun 2010

The words "Kama Sutra" are often mistaken as indicating a salacious A to Z sex manual, and this book isn't one either. Rather, it's a general guide to the basic things a gay, bisexual or just plain curious man needs to know, from a vaguely eastern philosophical viewpoint! What Terry Sanderson has done exceptionally well is create a book that presents lovemaking between men in a visually pleasing and easy to access format. The book is well laid out and subjects are covered in just enough detail to give the information needed. For more in-depth information on specific topics you would need to consult other books such as the seminal Anal Pleasure and Health by Dr Jack Morin for instance.

The text is illustrated throughout, with several interesting copies of erotic art from antiquity (annoyingly without any credits so I can't find a print of the ones I like!) Oral sex techniques and intercourse positions are illustrated with the standard type of sex manual drawings rather than photographs but on the plus side they are done quite well, and the generously-endowed results are quite pleasing on the eye!

I do like the philosophy behind the message of this book - it encourages a very positive message of integrating sexual expression into the whole person, and of celebrating sexuality in a positive, open way, in line with the teachings of Tantra and other ancient philosophies. It encourages us to experience deeper and more satisfying unions by considering sex as a wider celebration of mind, body and spirit rather than a narrowly focussed topic that concentrates purely on immediate gratification and orgasm. That said, it does not shy away from giving the specific advice you want about sex itself, and the best techniques and positions to use.

I see this book as being an ideal gift for a young adult exploring their options, or anyone older yet new to male love. It goes a long way to providing the facts and steers the reader in the right direction in a responsible and affirming manner. The general design and absence of photos make it fairly non threatening. I bought the hardbacked version for just a little more than the soft cover, and was pleased I did. All together a nice book with a positive message, and one that I'm happy to recommend if you value a joyful and more meaningful approach to sex between males.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Taught me a thing or two..., 23 Jan 2004
I'm fairly new to the art of making love to men, and bought this book to try and "gem up" on one or two things.
In short, this book is absolutely fantastic! My partner and I have been brought even closer through the many positions and techniques. My only criticism is perhaps that some of the positions are not achievable unless you are endowed at least to the national average, otherwise great fun can be had.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Illustrative Guide, 4 Jun 2004
By A Customer
Well-illustrated, but then I do prefer line drawings to photographs...they have texture and seem sexier. It is not a how-to like Mitch Walker's wonderful liitle volume, nor encyclopaedic like Jack Hart's or The Joy Of......but it is lightweight and tries to be another Colin Spencer Kama Sutra though I think the latter has sexier illustrations......at full-price this book is over-priced.....if picked up around ten pounds or below it is a useful book for display though not as lavish as Tatchell's Safer Sexy.........it would not be my first choice however, Mitch Walker's Men Loving Men would have pride of place

5.0 out of 5 stars Joy of Sex, 17 April 2014
Mr. T. Pincham "Pinchton" (England) - See all my reviews
This book is more of a gay man's Joy of Sex to the Kama Sutra.
But still a very interesting read with lots of usefull information.

5.0 out of 5 stars it is what is is, 11 April 2013
excellent reading how to prolong things.it is what is. good reading for those whom want to spice up their love life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dated and a bit strange..., 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Gay Man's Kama Sutra (Paperback)
Not sure why we bought this...its a history book if anything with a few slightly dated looking pencil sketches. Hoped for some sort of fresh inspration...main message is about lifestyle being normal and healthy... If its inspiration you need then buy a dvd!

2.0 out of 5 stars The most disappointing 5 minutes of my life!, 22 Jun 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 3 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Gay Man's Kama Sutra (Paperback)
This was not the book I was expecting at all.

It reads more like a synopsis or review of the Kama Sutra, offering slected highlights and interpretation, without much useful information.

Lot's of what, without much how.

Disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars There are coffee-tables in gay houses too, 22 Jan 2008
Ford Ka (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
It is good that someone noticed that you can find a coffee-table in most gay households. A coffee-table desperately needs coffee-table books so if you haven't got one so far, this is a perfect choice. Nice pictures, not too much to read (does one ever read coffee-table books?) and it is better not to go too deep. If you want to read, there is plenty elsewhere to choose from.
The only problem is that you have to hide it when your grandma pops in for a cup of coffee. The book may be, well, let's just say... too graphic for some straight people.

1.0 out of 5 stars No really impressed, 22 May 2010
This review is from: The Gay Man's Kama Sutra (Paperback)
Well I order this book thinking I would learn something different to add on my relationship but instead found myself with a book in my hands full of silly inlustration ( nothiing to do with Kamasutra what so ever ! ) and with sexual information that even my 8 years son would know better !

Really rubbish. the bad part is I don't know what to do with it now !

The Gay Man's Kama Sutra
The Gay Man's Kama Sutra by Terry Sanderson (Paperback - 1 Oct 2007)
Used & New from: 23.72