1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for Dalek nuts, 24 Jan 2012
Grey Lady (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr Who: Dalek Empire (Doctor Who Short Trips) (Hardcover)
I admit it: I am a Dalek nut. I own all Dr. Who Dalek DVD's, many audio CD's with Dalek stories, as well as quite a few of the books (including all novelisations of WHO series, and the scripts of the first two Dalek Empire series). So for me, this truly is essential reading. I realise this book is probably less interesting for those not completely Dalek mad, and even less so for casual Who fans. However, for anyone who also loves these monstrous pepperpots, this really is a book to own. Most of the stories are quite interesting, while the book also includes the complete script of one of the Big Finish Audios - Return of the Daleks. I liked the characters of Kahlendorf and Suz in the Dalek Empire audio series, so their inclusion in this volume was very welcome. What I particularly liked is that for certain all the Daleks concerned will not be the new plastic big toy Daleks currently present in the TV series. One can imagine any kind of Dalek you like (from the classic series mostly, but the copper-bronze version presented in the first few series of new Who also fit in nicely) but for certain, it won't be those! Also nice is that more than one doctor is present in the book. A lovely addition to my already quite substantial pile of Dalek books.

Dr Who: Dalek Empire (Doctor Who Short Trips)
Dr Who: Dalek Empire (Doctor Who Short Trips) by Nicholas Briggs (Hardcover - 22 Dec 2005)
Used & New from: £19.98