5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful collection of stories, 22 Sep 2009
This review is from: Sophie's Adventures: "Sophie's Snail" , "Sophie's Tom" , "Sophie Hits Six" (Paperback)
I used to read this book as a child (i too am a sophie and was very much like the character - at the time!) and these stories brought me so much pleasure then, and were read and re-read, time and time again.

Recently purchased and only one page in, it brought back the same joy. Bought for a child this would make a lovely gift, that would certainly encourage reading (great use of language, rather than talking to kids like they are stupid - but the benefits of a larger text print :) )and as a 'grown up' i say go for it, bit of light, fun reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars books worth reading, 12 Jan 2014
what a difference to read a book,that has 'normal' children in it.So many books for children don't have any depth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 17 Dec 2012
I bought these stories for my daughters 16 years ago they were big Sophie fans. , So got this book for my niece, she is starting to read her self this book is great for able readers, and there are just enough illustrations to add to the text. Sophie stands the test of time. classic stories

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent book portrays family life exactly., 22 April 2001
By A Customer
an excellent book in which shows how one little girl can be whatever she wants to be just by being determind and an individual this book is one of the most enjoyable reads I have ever had the pleasure of reading

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 6 Jan 2011
N. Hannah (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves these stories, first being read to her (age 5) and now reading them herself (just 7). They are funny and not sickly like the fairly magic type of story that she hates. I would recommend to any little girl!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bedtime reading, 15 Nov 2013
M. Glynn (west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
My grandchildrem love me to read these stories to them and they are just the right length to read before bed

5.0 out of 5 stars fab!, 21 Oct 2013
My daughter loves this book that she got for her 6th birthday. She enjoys me reading it to her for her bedtime story - each of the chapters are a perfect length and are a story in themselves so she doesnt complain that we are half way through a story when I say 'lights off'! and now she is nearly 7 she is able to read it herself. I would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie's Adventures, 26 Sep 2012
A good book for 6+. I really loved "Sophie's Snail" and the other stories were exciting too. I am 7 and I think children between the ages of 6 and 10 would enjoy these tales.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely stories, 27 July 2012
Bought for a small friend after reading the stories to my 5-year-old, who thoroughly enjoyed them. Lovely gentle stories with plenty of mischief!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Sophie!, 5 Feb 2006
Amazon Customer (Beds United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My 5 year old daughter thought the Sofie stories were really good and we, as adults, enjoyed reading them to her. Sophie is like a real little girl - not too PC - and my daughter could really identify with her.
We also have the story tapes which are good.

Sophie's Adventures: "Sophie's Snail" , "Sophie's Tom" , "Sophie Hits Six"