on 21 January 2011
What a beautiful book. The illustrations and writing are wonderful. It describes the life-cycle of a panda; and had wonderful facts about pandas along the way. I agree with the other reviewer that it would be better for 4+.
From a teacher's point of view, it is an outstanding resource for laerning about a range of things: fact boxes, different cultures, life cycles, different styles of art etc.
It is a wonderfully aesthetic book though, and good for a change of pace too :)
on 28 June 2010
I've bought this book for my daugther, aged 28 months at the time of the purchase. She liked the book, although the illustrations and the story were a bit difficult for her. I definitely advise this for children over 4 years.
on 4 October 2013
My son is 5 and he loves this book. You can read the story and you can also read a panda fact on each page. It is possible to ignore the facts if you or your children are tired or if you don't want to disturb the flow of the story. That's what I did when he was 4 but now he likes to hear the facts too. The pictures are lovely. It is a bit melancholy in tone as panda has to keep moving on to find Bamboo.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2013
My son had a few books from the Nature Storybooks range and seemed to like them, so I tried this one to add to the collection. I've read it once and thats it, he doesn't want it again and he asked me to give it away. Its very factual, no story, pictures are lovely but not appealing to young children. He is 4 yrs and loves most books, unfortunately not this one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse