5.0 out of 5 stars We Love Baby Brains
This is the first of three available books about Baby Brains. They all follow the same basic story. Baby Brains parents are keen to have a smart baby. They do all kinds of brain gym activities while Baby Brains is still waiting to be born. When he does pop out he is super brainy and brilliant at everything.
In this book, Baby Brains has a go at everything from...
Published on 22 Nov 2007 by Mrs. K. A. Wheatley

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but short
It's a nice book, but I expected that it will take more than 5 minutes to read it. Still you can talk about the book and watch the nice pictures, but reading part is quite short. But on the other hand it's fun.
Published on 22 July 2011 by twr

5.0 out of 5 stars We Love Baby Brains, 22 Nov 2007
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Baby Brains: The Smartest Baby in the Whole World (Paperback)
In this book, Baby Brains has a go at everything from surgery to being an astronaut, all carried out with genius and flair! What makes these books so appealing are the illustrations which just highlight the hilarity of having a tiny, very cute baby standing on a stool whilst performing open heart surgery, and the discrepancy between appearance and ability. It is also wonderful because no matter what Baby Brains does, he still needs his mum for a cuddle at the end of the day. Something we would all agree with.
I have three children ranging in age from 1 to 8, and all of them enjoy Baby Brains, and the thirty five year old reading it. I can safely say it has universal appeal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Captures their imagination!!, 26 July 2006
Lubylu "juicy lucy" (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
My 3 year old thought this was a fantastic book - we got it from our library and i have now bought him a copy. All about a baby who is just really clever, my son loved the illustrations and despite his age, I think he caught onto the fact that some of Baby Brains activities (going to school/being a doctor) was not the sort of things normal babies do! First class book

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't we all love a baby brains?, 26 Aug 2008
Pauline (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This is a perfect bedtime story for a toddler, just enough strange and funny goings on to keep my little girl amused but not too long that we end up falling asleep before the end! Baby brains is adorable, he can't help it that he is so clever he is reading the paper the day after he is born....but ending up as an astronaut in space at a few weeks old is just plain showing off! We love reading this and the best bit is when baby brains is floating in space and NASA ask him what it's like - we shout together 'I WANT MY MUMMY'. Poor old baby brains is a bit sheepish when he lands on earth but there is nothing better than a hot bath and a cuddle to put things right.

5.0 out of 5 stars A poke in the eye for all ambitious parents!, 10 Jan 2009
Dominique White (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
The joy about "Baby Brains" is that the story never tires. We are yet to read the others in the series, having still to exhaust the copy to hand. Having faithfully listened to Mozart throughout my pregnancy and taken all the right vitamins, it is with much chagrin that I find my son is not to the calibre of Master Brains! My son, unaware of the jab Simon James is making at Mums like me, is fascinated by the illustrations and the idea that a baby could read the newspaper just like Daddy does or help out at the doctor's surgery.

As a previous reviewer correctly stated, this children's book has universal appeal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a winner, 9 May 2014
Baby Brains is always a hit at storytime. Kids just love this kind of story. It's witty and sweet and lots and lots of fun. Great for reception-year 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 25 April 2014
Exactly as expected, i had already seen it, delevery was in time, nothing more to add. These reviews put people off as it is difficult to think of more than a brief review

5.0 out of 5 stars nice book quick delivery, 23 April 2013
Lovely story, bought seconhand in excellent condition. Haven't seen dvd yet but usually they are simple , I use them with non English speaking children and they are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, 5 Oct 2012
My 3 year old daughter loves to play "baby brains" by pretending to be a doctor and reading the newspaper. It is our pet name for her whenever she does anything clever. Her favourite bit in the book is the "I WANT MY MUMMY!" moment.
The main message of this story acts as a gentle reminder to all ambitious parents that children (no matter how clever) still need the basic things in life the most - time with mummy and daddy.
- I know a few "tiger mummies" that could benefit from the lessons in this book!
We have since bought the other two Baby Brains stories and they are equally good and are funny enoughto be re-read many times

5.0 out of 5 stars Really funny, very enjoyable, 20 Mar 2012
I love this book - it is witty and funny and has lovely pictures. It's such a relief when you find a kids book that also makes the adult reading it laugh. My toddler is a littler young for it but likes looking at the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 2 Mar 2012
Both my children (5 and 2) adore this book and it is currently the fav for bedtime reading. It is the story of a baby who after being nurtured since before birth ends up becoming a doctor at two weeks old! My girls love the illustrations, especially the ones of Baby Brains on the phone and that he requires a ladder to get onto the office chair in his surgery! It is a quick read and never fails to raise a smile.

Baby Brains: The Smartest Baby in the Whole World
Baby Brains: The Smartest Baby in the Whole World by Simon James (Paperback - 7 Nov 2005)
5.59