5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for parents that need a little humor!
My son adores this book! He is 1 1/2 and literally cries to have this book above all books to be read for him. Honestly I bought it for me, because many children's books are quite dull and lack humor. On more than one occasion I have brought this book out to show other Mom's and they frantically write down the ISBN code to order this book. Have fun reading it!!!!
Published on 19 July 2005 by EV

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
I really don't know why I bought this book, the reviews were mixed and I was undecided but somehow I ended up buying it. My little boy isn't bothered either, each to their own though!
Published 8 months ago by Phillip M Capewell

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for parents that need a little humor!, 19 July 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Noooooooo!, 4 Feb 2005
By A Customer
This is my favourite kids' book of all time. It's interactive in the sense that the reader can pretend to be the bus driver and the pigeon and the readee can then shout no at the pigeon in response to all his requests. It's funny, brilliantly drawn and my daughter likes it too. Buy it immediately

4.0 out of 5 stars fun for all, 15 Nov 2004
By A Customer
My 2 year-old loves this book (shouting "No!" every time the pigeon asks to drive the bus) and we all enjoy reading it to him, including my 6 year-old son. It's a simple idea which really works (good illustrations, too).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny pigeon! A book kids can say "no!" to...., 5 Dec 2005
This review is from: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (Paperback)
My sons (5 and 2 yrs. old) absolutely adore this book. They laugh at the pigeon who is just begging to drive that bus. The pigeon reminds them of themselves when they try to get their way... and you should see how they love to be able to yell "no!!!" to the pigeon. The simple drawings are delightful and communicate the pigeon's comic and complex emotions. I read this to a class of 4 and 5 yr olds who laughed and shouted and wanted to hear it again and again! An excellent book that will certainly be adored by parents and children alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wacky and demanding...?!, 2 July 2007
H. Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (Paperback)
This is not a book that you can read quietly to your chld at night - it demands interaction from both reader and recipient and once the child has got the gist of what they need to do it is really good fun!

Would certainly recommend it to those who maybe are a bit shy of reading in front of their children as a great way to engage (great for Dad's!)

My 3 yr old loves it and once my 1 yr old is off his Thomas obsession I'm sure he will too.

The illustrations are fabulous, maybe a bit too subtle in some cases for my 3 yr old to get the entire gammet of emotions that pigeon expresses... makes it good for re-reading adults.

You need to really get into the book to get the most out of it, so it can be demanding in that it's not one you can read on auto-pilot. Will have to get some more Mo Williams!

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is not for children, 15 Dec 2007
This review is from: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (Paperback)
amazing piece of literary genius! I am 36 and think this book is awesome. Interactive, alternative humour and a bulwark against twee storylines. I even introduced it my head of department who was immediately won over (although he bought it for his children instead). On a purely critical level, i consider it to be the more superior of all the "pigeon" offerings; however "don't let the pigeon stay up late" is a worthy contender. The series starts to peter off after this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the pigeon drive the bus, 8 July 2004
By A Customer
This book is excellent! Great to join in with and makes us laugh everytime we read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got feelings you know!, 27 Jun 2007
This review is from: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (Paperback)
My wife bought this and when I read it I looked at her stony faced and suggested we send it back. At first sight it's the oddest thing. Really strange. We tried it on our girls 2 & 4, and they loved it from the start. Laugh out loud, giggly, silly fun. Now they know it word for word, read it back to me and shout "No" at every page. I still don't get it though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to pinpoint but - Pigeon-tastic!, 25 Nov 2007
This review is from: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (Paperback)
My children LOVE this book and so do I! My 34 month old loves the story and loves saying 'no' to the pigeon. My 12 month old adores the pictures and frankly so do I. It's so simple, it's brilliant. It's a perfect combination of bright, simple illustrations that speak VOLUMES and a comical (and again simple) storyline which is basically all about saying 'no' - or from the pigeon's perspective - not being allowed to do what you want! You empathise with the poor pigeon (who is essentially just a toddler desperate to do something they're not allowed) and the drawings are just fabulous. My daughter (the 34 month old) thinks the 'tantrum' page is the best and I'm always telling her that's what she looks like when she's cross!) I can't get enough of this book - even though there are very few words to this book, the illustrations tell the story and I love discussing it with my toddlers. This is a really different book and I love it so much I've bought it for several friends' children too. I would highly recommend this book and don't think you would be disappointed but not sure about the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest ever - good for big kids too, 18 Nov 2004
I am not a child but I think this is the funniest book I have read in a v long time!!! My friend and I were in hysterics in the middle of the shop. Seriously. Buy it for anyone with a sense of humour. Don't leave it to the kids! The pigeon is so cute! Will you give in to him?.....

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems (Paperback - 5 July 2004)