4.0 out of 5 stars Another good one!!
Published on 18 April 2003 by Mr. J W

3.0 out of 5 stars My Friend Bear
I was slightly disappointed with this book because I loved Where's my Teddy. As with most authors when they try to extend their repertoire of a particular book the style can become too diluted. The rhyme became too forced and tedious.Shame.
Published on 26 Dec 2009 by Mrs. T. S. Verso

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good one!!, 18 April 2003
Mr. J W "john_w" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: My Friend Bear (Paperback)
I bought My Friend Bear after getting the other books - 'Its the Bear' and 'Where's My Teddy?', and I was not disappointed. My Friend Bear is more of a story than 'Where's My Teddy', so it is a better length for a night time story. My daughter also loves the pictures, which are very similar in style to the other two books. All in all, a very good book - if in doubt, I would recommend getting all three!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant third Bear Book from Jez Alborough, 11 Mar 2001
This review is from: My Friend Bear (Paperback)
Another hugely entertaining book with Eddy and his Teddy making friends with the Bear.My three year old daughter has memorised all the words and my two year old son loves to get the last word of each rhyming sentance-a great aid to start them reading and interested in books.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect book for an only or a lonely child!, 15 Jan 1999
This review is from: My Friend Bear (Hardcover)
This is my daughter's all time favourite book (and believe me, we've read them all!!). My Friend Bear is beautifully illustrated with lots of fluffy teddies, strong colours and a memorable text. All children, between two and five, will be able to identify with Eddy who, one day, realizes that his best friend Freddy, the teddy, just isn't as much fun as a real live friend would be. A perfect story for the more sensitive child. The moral of which is, that anyone can make a friend. All you have to do is put your fears behind you, summon up all your courage and just get out there and try!

5.0 out of 5 stars A truely delightful and funny tale, 7 Oct 1998
This review is from: My Friend Bear (Hardcover)
My Friend Bear is the tale of a small boy who is completely lonely apart from his teddy bear and he has a chance meeting with a grizzly bear with the exact same problem. Eddy, the little boy, encounters an extremely large teddy whilst walking in the woods,as he complains to his teddy that he is lonely. Eddy knows that the large teddy belongs to the bear living in the wood and is convinced that the bear is ferocious. Whilst hiding behind the large teddy, Eddy discovers that the so called ferocious bear has the exact same problem as him, that of being lonely. As Eddy hides behind the Teddy he ends up accidently making the bear think that his teddy can speak. Jez Alborough's ability to entertain young children is absolutely outstanding! The entire story rhymes which makes it all the more entertaining. I have read many books to my four and five year old children and not many have reached the same standard as this. Many children's books tend to go into too much detail for young children to understand especially if they rhyme. But this book had my children giggling until the end. The story is not only clever because it rhymes but also in the fact that Jez Alborough has taken an animal seen as dangerous and turned it into an emotional wreck who cries and has no friends. The book gives out a special message of friendship and not to judge someone because of what you've heard, which is easily understood by very young children. My own children have voted it their favourite book. Well done Jez Alborough!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Friend Bear makes us laugh out loud every time., 13 Mar 2000
This review is from: My Friend Bear (Hardcover)
My four year old and I discovered this wonderful book in our local library and I just had to buy it. There are few books that touch a nerve with adults and children alike. This one has us in giggles every time we read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly wonderful book for children and parents alike!, 8 Jun 2000
This review is from: My Friend Bear (Hardcover)
I read the book three times before I read it to my son! We both love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An instant hit with both child and parent, 24 Mar 1999
This review is from: My Friend Bear (Hardcover)
This book strikes an immediate cord with both the child listening and the story teller. Its rhyming sentences, beautifully illustrated pictures, and witty story line make for a most enjoyable and entertaining bedtime. And that a relieve when it has to be read as often as it does in this household !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 July 2011
This review is from: My Friend Bear (Paperback)
This is the second part of the story where Eddy and his teddy, Freddy meet the bear and his giant teddy again in the woods but this time become good friends. A lovely ending which highlights the importance of friendship to young children. The book is written in a rhyming style which both myself and my class love. I am a HUGE fan of Jez Alborough books and this is no disappointment. I used this story originally in the literacy unit Predictable Patterned Language with my year 1 class and it has now become a hometime fave!

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly delightful story, 6 Aug 2010
This review is from: My Friend Bear (Paperback)
My daughter brought this book home as a library book from school, it's such a delightful story that I ended up buying one for our 3 year old boys and also for a friends little boy too, it is suitable for both boys and girls. The author is very clever how he has put the story together and it rhymes aswell which adds to the flow of the text. I would certainly recommend this book and I am also tempted to buy other stories by this Author.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Friend Bear, 11 April 2010
F. Wyse "FJ" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Friend Bear (Paperback)
Jez Alborough is fast becoming a favourite read in our bedtime hour. Its the 3rd book we have purchased (Where's my Teddy and Some Dogs Do) and all have been well read. Its a perfect book for a 2 year old and an enjoyable repetitive read for parents.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

My Friend Bear
My Friend Bear by Jez Alborough (Paperback - 6 Dec 2004)
5.24