5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, Concise and Not a bit Scary!
I would really recommend this book!! We have used it with our 9yr old and it is a well used book on his bookshelf. The writing is clear, the information is concise and accurate. Difficult issues such as abortion, masturbation, HIV & Aids are dealt with in a manner that would allow for family discussion and wouldn't conflict with any family beliefs & values. My 7yr...
Published on 13 Aug. 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Too advanced, gimmicky
This book is apparently aimed at 8 year olds onwards. Do 8 year olds really need to know about homsexuality, AIDS, masturbation and sexual abuse, because that forms a large part of the end of the book? The book needs to be more clear as to which age-group it is addressed. (That said, some of the rest of the book looks interesting and informative and is nicely presented,...
Published on 22 Jun. 2012 by minty

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic purchase, 4 Jan. 2010
R. Neary "Bexster" (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from (Paperback)
I have never written a review before, but felt compelled to after purchasing this book to education my 9 year old son about sex and the like. This book does exactly what you want it to, it's colourful, with some humour but deals with his important subject at just the right level for a pre-teen. Would probably not go into enough detail for a teenager, but is ideal for the younger child, I would say from 8-12. I went through the book briefly with my son and then left it with him and he has come back with lots of questions and told me things that he has learnt from it. This has definately set him up so he knows whats what. A great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver! Great read for you and your child, 28 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from (Paperback)
My daughter is 7 and asked me that dreaded question 'but how does the baby get in there?' This book is fantastic, I told her the basics first and then we both went through the book together. She can't put it down, every day she wakes up and goes staight to it. It explains the facts of life in a way which they can understand and is'nt too over the top with information. I would totally recommend this book for your child and also I learned a thing or 2 too! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 21 Jan. 2010
Beanie (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from (Paperback)
This is a great book if you don't know where to start, like me. My daughter is 9 and really loved the format, it's informal yet informative but written in an entertaining way without being shocking. I read the book myself before going through it with my daughter and I can say there is nothing in the book that the average 9 year old shouldn't know. I was so grateful for this book as I had been dreading knowing where to start but it made it so much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for Key Stage 2, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from (Paperback)
I think this book is really good when you want more detail for discussion. It combines the right balance of accurate science along with an emotionally intelligent discussion about relationships. This is a great book to read together as a family and also useful as a reference book for children to read on their own.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, if a little much in one go., 5 July 2010
This review is from: Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from (Paperback)
I liked the way this book covered all topics of sex education including IVF and adoption but still managed to explain it in a child friendly and funny way. Giving the book whole to a child would be too much but the individual chapters are short enough to engage a child and start a discussion on the topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good information book, 13 July 2009
Mrs. F. Masterman "flo99green" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from (Paperback)
Brought this book for my 10 year old daughter based on existing reviews and was not disappointed. Well written in a way that children can under stand, nice pictures, nothing too graphic and quite funny. Personally I found the bird and bee a little annoying but my daughter loved it. She was very happy to sit and read though with me and can look at it on her own if she wishes and I am, now, comfortable with explaining the subject of babies and bodies with her with the help of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Children Small and Special Needs - Ideal., 14 July 2013
This review is from: Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from (Paperback)
Great for basic knowledge, easy illustrations and descriptions. My girls Autistic growing fast. I needed something a little younger to start with. This title provided just that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Children can't put it down!, 26 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from (Paperback)
Both my children (9&11) have really enjoyed the style of this book. It's given them opportunities to ask me questions.... and grill their grandad! Good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, child friendly book, 6 Mar. 2012
Mrs. Emma Dodimead (Milton Keynes, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from (Paperback)
I bought this book to read/share with my 8 year old daughter, after being asked many of those "awkward" questions. I would highly recommend it, the illustrations are child friendly & colourful and the cartoon characters are sweet & funny.
It provided all the vital information and explains everything simply and was great value for money
As its quite a large book covering many topics, so i often find my daughter reading it and she is happy to come and ask me any questions without feeling embarrassed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where Babies come from, 16 Dec. 2009
Great book, shared with my 9 and half years old daughter, who had been asking lots of questions. It is very factual, but does not go into lots of detail about sex, but does the topic wonderfully! Other great bits are that it looks at families, including adoption and IVF.
My duaghter not keen on the comic bits at the side and asked not to read those! I think they were poor as they could detract from the super worded and informative text.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from
Let's Talk About Where Babies Come from by Robie H. Harris (Paperback - 2 Aug. 2004)
Used & New from: £9.20