I am reading the Alex Rider series with a boy at school who has a high level of comprehension but needs practice with fluency. Up until we discovered these books he was 'bored' by reading, but Anthony Horowitz has turned all that round and he is now eating up these novels. He finished the first in the series last week and has now started on this, the sequel. I am delighted both with him, and with the books. Horowitz has found the key. He writes fast paced, adventurous books which skip a lot of the detail that children struggle with. Each chapter is pithy and concise and exciting, and there is plenty of action right from the get go. In fact, this book has a much, much more gripping start that Storm Breaker and the opening sequence is fantastic fun. I highly recommend these for children aged about ten and up, particularly boys who may be otherwise struggling with literacy, although girls who like a good adventure story would be sorry to miss these. The content is quite graphic and the adventures quite blood thirsty, so if you're going to offer them to a younger age group you need to be sure they can handle the material.
on 27 May 2014
My son loves the Alex Rider books but said this one was the scariest so far. He still read it and loved it though! Great for 11+ readers and particularly getting boys to read. Just be sure to check the content if your kids are a bit on the nervous side as these books do involve a "james bond" style character getting into dangerous situations.
on 22 August 2013
Since MI6 were exceedingly impressed with Alex's first mission, they decided to send him on a dangerous mission high in the Alps, Alex Rider, MI6 spy, is sent on his second mission to spy on the point blank academy, which makes for an action packed adventure.

I read in bed before going to sleep, I used to get disappointed when I had to put the book down and had to go to sleep.
I was upset when I finished Point Blanc because I enjoyed it so much.

Out of both books, this one and Stormbreker, Point Blanc was the better, because there was more suspense, mystery and action.
I look forward with great pleasure to reading more of Anthony Horowitz books.
on 14 July 2013
Point Blanc is a fantastic graphic novel. It is about a audacious boy called Alex Rider, a teenage super-spy. He works for MI6 and is sent to Point Blanc Academy. He find outs out some secrets about the academy. The enigmatic but evil Dr Grief is trying to destroy the world; he is close to succeeding! Can Alex alert the world before it is too late?

I really liked the humour in the book, for example when the evil clone shot at the gas pipe and killed himself in the process!

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, especially people with a good sense of humour. I can't wait till the next book comes out - I hope it's as good as this one!
on 26 February 2006
This is a great book it is the book after “Stormbreaker”. P.B is about Alex Rider who is 14 years old and both of his parents are dead and he was living with his uncle but he dies. When his uncle dies Alex soon finds out that his uncle was a MI6 agent and died on a mission. All Alex’s life he has been lied to because he has been being trained up to be a spy but he didn’t know this. He is good at rock-climbing, scuba diving, karate, skiing/ snowboarding and is a fit athlete. Alex goes on a mission to a school at France the school is designed for badly behaved rich kids. When he is there he finds out that the rich kids are being cloned so he has to rescue them and doing so he nearly gets killed. This book is very exciting and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 22 August 2006
This is an amazing book which takes the power and excitement of Stormbreaker to another level because there is no need to spend time setting things up. Not that the setting up was dull, it's just that in this book we already know the character and the situation so the book can get on with the mission.

The cold mountain setting means Alex Rider is more isolated and there is plenty of scope for different types of action - like how he gets down a mountain very very fast. This book also contains one of the best villains in any of the Alex Rider books and some truly chilling scenes when you realise what he's doing to the kids... I won't give away anything more.

This is a great book, probably one of the best Alex Rider books except they're all amazing.

I also recommend Joe Craig's books, called the Jimmy Coates Series, and Robert Muchamore's Cherub series. Those and Alex Rider are the three best action book series.

on 22 August 2006
This is a sequel that is probably even better than the original. Stormbreakeris one of the best childrens books ever, but Point Blanc is more sinister and creepy. The writing is excellent as always and the action is brilliant. Robert Muchamore and Joe Craig are also writing excellent action books of the same type now but Anthony Horowitz was first.
on 15 July 2012
This book is certainly one of the best in the whole series, what I like best about it is that you think you have the whole book figured out but you only have part of it figured out. I must admit there are certain pages where I read more than once VOLUNTARILY because it was so intoxicating. If you are thinking of buying this book don't think twice... JUST BUY IT!!!
on 4 July 2012
At first the book had quite a few turns and took quite a lot of time to understand what was happening. Further through the book it made more sense and started to get smoother through the book. Further through, it got tenser and you could not stop to read the next bit. At the end I wanted to read the story again as it was very tense and I could not put it down.
on 20 June 2015
This book is10x better than Stormbreaker,which is the first Alex rider book.Lots of adventure,guns and baddies perfect for adventurous book readers!
This review was written by my 9 yr old daughter , in her own words. Personally, I found the service excellent, the book arrived on time and my daughter is delighted!