5.0 out of 5 stars Good for children too
Published on 30 Dec 2010 by Mrs. R. Endicott

1.0 out of 5 stars Reply actions and
He thinks me into the process of creating the process of creating the process of creating the process of creating the process
Published 16 months ago by Jeroem crofarata leometri cres...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for children too, 30 Dec 2010
Mrs. R. Endicott (From Detroit & now in the UK) - See all my reviews
The story of a brother and sister living with an aunt and uncle for a few years while their parents were on the mission field. The kids are about ages 9 and 12, maybe. They have a wonderful area to explore and neighbors to meet while experiencing some of the moods/behaviours all kids probably have to one degree or another. It held my 7 year olds attention to the end. The story explains beautifully salvation and death and has a happy ending.Patricia St. John writes interestingly while covering valuable topics. The book gave good opportunity for necessary and meaningful discussions at a level my 7 year old could relate to, but it's not just for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Tanglewoods' Secret (Classics for a New Generation) (Paperback)
I got this book for a sunday school prize when I was just 7 years old. I really related to the naughty girl, Ruth, as I was very like her. I chose to follow her example and give my life to Jesus - (kneeling in a little glade in the woods when I ran on ahead of my parents in the park!). After that I tried to be good for many years with a degree of success, but it wasn't till many years later, looking back, that I realised how God had honoured that childish prayer and led me gently through my life. It was only about 12 years ago when I really began to understand the significance of what Jesus had done for me and I now love Him and follow Him with all my heart. I still read my book from time to time as it is such a lovely story. Also very helpful to give to children who have lost a loved one, which is how I come to be writing a review as I was about to purchase a copy for a young friend who is mourning for her grandad.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tanglewoods' Secret, 10 Dec 2010
With all the peer pressure children face and sometimes negative influences, 'The Tanglewood's Secret' is a breath of fresh air. Patricia St John's books are amongst the best Christian books for children available.

Christian adults tend to read a lot of inspirational books...but what about Christian children? I'd definately recommend this book and the following for people who wish to inspire their own children, young relatives, or to give as gifts for those at Sunday School. Patricia St. John books are unashamedly Christian, not just allegories, some other Christian fiction books are:

Godstone: The Kairos Boxes

Fire by Night

Case for a Creator for Kids Updated and Expanded (Case For... Kids)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for God, 13 July 2010
Brilliant book if you want to help a child/children to understand the reason we die. Good for children who have recently lost a loved one.
Patricia St John writes in a gentle way and her stories are always interesting and well written. Children feel better after reading this book without knowing why as the author's narrative is 'page turning'
The book is good for Christians and non Christians as this is just a lovely story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A girl called Ruth, who learns about God by running away, 28 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Tanglewoods' Secret (Paperback)
She lives with her aunt and brother because her parents are in India. In the story her brother and friend become Christians. Ruth runs away from her aunt because she's been naughty, and she makes friends with the pastor of the local church, and also a shepherd, who teach her about God.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic tale, 13 May 2014
Written some time ago but a classic children's tale of discovery and hope. I was delighted to still find this in print and am happy to give it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old but ever new., 7 May 2014
Given as an Easter gift to grandson instaed of chocolate., Same book as I had as a child and loved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Story, 11 April 2014
I won this book aged nine for winning a Sunday School competition many years ago. I was ill in bed when it arrived and read it that same day. It immediately became one of my favourite books and I especially liked the parts where the children were taught nature by their friend. My children also loved the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tanglewood Secret, 29 Jan 2013
Excellent book and efficient delivery, happy with service but why does amazon demand so many words? This really puts me off leaving feedback!

4.0 out of 5 stars Revised book an improvement., 7 Jan 2013
I ordered a couple of copies of this book, as take home reading for a girl's brigade group. The first copy was a 1951 edition of the original 1948 book. The second copy I recieved was this 1999 revised edition by Mary Mills. This one is much easier to read for today's children.

The Tanglewoods' Secret (Classics for a New Generation)
The Tanglewoods' Secret (Classics for a New Generation) by Patricia St John (Paperback - 5 April 2007)
4.99