on 30 December 2010
I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend who is a big fan of Wallace and Gromit and has all the DVD's. He immediately compared it to the old car manuals in delight, and started reading. Hopefully I won't come home one day to find some form of "Cracking Contraption" sitting in my living room. Lol.
on 3 February 2011
For a Wallace and Gromit fan, a Fimo enthusiast or the average curious sibling, this is a great gift. I haven't seen my brother without it yet - it offers good inspiration for Fimo enthusiasts (or adventurous inventors who wish to try the Contraptions out I guess!) and lots of fun for the Wallace and Gromit fan.
Not to be reccommended as a gift if you want to hear from or get attention from the person receiving it for at least a week! =)

And the 'sellotaped rip' on the cover is fake - so don't be put off by it!
on 6 January 2011
This is the best Haynes manual I have ever bought!
It raised many laughs and my engineering son is looking to use some of the 'Blueprints'
In all honesty it has got to be one of the best presents I have purchased in a long time.
The time and effort put into this manual are second to none... Just a bit of fun but BRILLIANT!!!
on 14 July 2012
Again this was a gift. I restrained myself from reading it.!
The recipient was however delighted with it. ( He is a University professor, retired)
He is having endless fun with it. What more can I say?
Another winner from Amazon!
on 2 December 2010
Bought as part of a birthday gift; the recipient seemed to like it and promptly started to discuss the practicalities of some of the concepts... be warned!
on 6 December 2011
This has become a bedtime standard for my 4.5 year old son, who is quite a Gromit fan. Pick it up for any handyman nerd or child on your list.
on 29 November 2010
This is a cracking book, ideal for anyone who owns a shed and half a tool kit. A motorcycle and easy access to a really good scrapyard would also help. Detailed schematics of all of Wallace's cracking contraptions are included, together with their features and benefits to the modern inventor. Some of the potential downsides are also mentioned, in passing. The layout is clear, apart from the tea stains, and the language is impressive. The main problems with this book are that it could be a lot thicker, (sic), and there's not enough about Shaun the Sheep. After personally building the jam throwing catapult, I would caution all readers to get their significant other out of the room before turning the switch. Oooh, messy.
If you like this book I would also recommendU.S.S. Enterprise Manual (Haynes Owners Workshop Manual)
on 5 January 2011
Bought this as a secret santa gift, the recipient was extremely pleased with it. It was given to a female so you can rest assured that it will appeal to all wallace and gromit fans of any gender.

Having glanced through it myself I enjoyed the way it had taken the Haynes manual concept and applied it to the Wallace and Gromit contraptions with cut out drawings and "technical" details
on 24 March 2014
Arrived quickly and well packaged. This book is hilarious. Well written, great diagrams and pictures and very funny errrr "explanations". :D

If you're a Wallace and Gromit fan this is a "must have".
on 29 April 2016
Fantastic Book - Brilliant drawings with so much detail. A real treat and an essential book for any Aardman/Wallace & Gromit Fan! Absolutely Fantastic....I even purchased the second book too! Both highly recommended!