5.0 out of 5 stars Large Trucks, Large Breakfasts, Rain and Gravel !
On a damp grey saturday morning in London,every Harley owner must dream of a trip like this.
Written with a great English sense of humour, combined with a pages of facts and history on small town America and of course the Bike !
I could easily be on a plane to LA tomorrow, I can smell the desert from here.
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by Smiffy25

2.0 out of 5 stars Opportunity Wasted
I was given this for Christmas as I'd hinted that I would probably like to have a read of it. I wish I hadn't bothered. If it had been any longer I would have discarded it at chapter nine. I have been riding for a long time and if this guy had been riding with me I would have left him behind at about day 4. He whined and complained his way across America to a point where...
Published 15 months ago by Rider

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: There & Back Again to See How Far It Is: Cultural Observations of an Englishman Aboard a Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Around Small-Town America (Hardcover)
I had many a good laugh, the writer was very imformative with his whereabouts, this is the kind of books I like.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly smahing read old chap, 16 Nov 2011
S. C. Pearson "Greycode" (East Riding of Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A very good read with my type of dry humour throughout.
Please don't think all us Englishmen are as wussie as the author.
And I really would like to have seen an additional couple of chapters at the end written by his long suffering wife, who followed along (on her own motorcycle being continually splattered with the muck coming off his back wheel) to take the photographs. An interesting (and funny) alternative view of the tours, you could call it 'There's his back again!' :)
A worthwhile jolly jape with some good tales to tell.
You'll like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and new take on little town America, 6 Jun 2012
J. Ward "Jay Ward" (Bonn, Germany) - See all my reviews
Tim Watson has done an excellent job with his first book, There and Back Again. Tim finds a unique way to bring to life many of the best elements of small town America in a book that is at times gentle, at times moving and at times, hair raising.

Also of note is the excellent photography from Anne Watson, and I would recommend this as a great read for a lazy summers day, hand in hand with a gin and tonic.

ARRAY(0xb33292a0)