4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as described
The usual Haynes comprehensive car manual. However, from the description on Amazon, I had expected to receive a hardcover book, so was somewhat disappointed to have a paperback.
Published 13 months ago by Diana Halliday

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited Help
Published on 10 Jun 2010 by Les Young

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited Help, 10 Jun 2010
Les Young (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VW Beetle Petrol and Diesel Service and Repair Manual: 1999 to 2007 (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals) (Hardcover)
Bought the book to assist me in servicing the car myself but it wasn't as useful as I had expected it to be, and no where near as good as the Haynes manuals I used to use in the 80's and 90's. Lots of info that was in the cars handbook already and no where near enough photographs to keep me going in the right direction. The book also covers far to many engine variants to be of any meaningful use

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as described, 27 Jun 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars New second-hand Beetle owner, 28 Mar 2013
My first purchase with a second-hand car is always the Haynes. In this case it is particularly useful combined with a domestic VW Beetle fault reader and software (available cheaply online - see your online Beetle owners forum for advice) as this book lists some of the fault codes that are being reported by your car's computer and combined with the device means that you can remedy the simpler ones. As this is my first car with this facility the Haynes is invaluable when it comes to interpreting results. Note that it doesn't contain the full fault code list as it assumes you can't get the full set of fault codes with a cheap reader - if it is a complicated electronic fault you may still need to visit the garage for a diagnostic. For this reason it doesn't get a full 5 stars. It also describes the mechanical repairs necessary as per usual for a Haynes manual, graded by spanners to indicate difficulty. Invaluable as always for those who do their own repairs and I think potentially for those who just don't want to be ripped off by a garage - you're in a much stronger position to negotiate if you know roughly what you are asking a garage to do and how difficult/timeconsuming it could be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Little detail because of the variants, 11 Feb 2013
Described a hardback - but this paperback manual will not lie flat, the cover ripped off, before I could impress my oil ' ly fingers.

Bob Henderson did his best, but due to the number of engine variants of this model turbo / auto / diesel. I still don't know the part number to begin sourcing a replacement defective throttle potentiometer.

I thought manuals were to minimise expensive dealership computer diagnostics

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as always but..., 26 Oct 2012
Good manual full of all the info you need. Only criticism is that it covers a wide range of engine types and sadly the pictures and illustrations always seem to be for a different engine than mine (my missus has the 1.8T).

Also, despite paying for a hardback, I got the flimsy soft back.

5.0 out of 5 stars VW BEETLE, 14 April 2009
Andrew Burt "sandog" (uk) - See all my reviews
I was told the item was not in stock and that it would be sent when fresh stock was in.It did arrive ok.no problem

Used & New from: 13.20