5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Vectra Owner
A must for any Vectra Owner - has helped me to change the oil, filters etc on my car. Also helps diagnose any problems I think my car has before speaking to a mechanic. Money well spent
Published on 22 Mar 2011 by Mr. P. McManus

3.0 out of 5 stars Haynes Vectra-C Workshop Manual
Published on 25 Feb 2010 by Mr. David John Kelly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Haynes Vectra-C Workshop Manual, 25 Feb 2010
This review is from: Vauxhall/Opel Vectra Petrol and Diesel Service and Repair Manual: 2002-2005 (Paperback)
I bought this workshop manual a month back before i tackled a few small car jobs. I found it useful as a guideline but found the black and white photos accompanying the text to lack some clarity of detail. The other problem with these manuals is they do not carry a list of tools which you require to complete a task....which necessitated a visit to my local autofactors for some tooling i later realised was needed. Why Haynes do you not provide a list of tools required for specific tasks?
The other snag with this manual is the Vectra was facelifted in late 2005 and the facelifted car is conveniently covered by a newer manual which is not available yet!!!(supposedly January 2010?) Why can't we download a supplement for this updated manual from the Haynes Website after paying for the only available manual at the time?
Overall not a bad guideline, but what other options are available to the DIY car repairer?

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Vectra Owner, 22 Mar 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars The essential inside knowledge, 13 Sep 2010
I'm no mechanic, some of this stuff is well beyond my capabilities but it is great to have an insight into how various bits work (or not), more importantly it tells you how to remove and replace parts without causing even more damage! If it helps you do just one job it will have probably pay for itself many times over!

5.0 out of 5 stars well explained, 15 Nov 2013
Good for helping out when you're not sure and is keeping my car on the road. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

3.0 out of 5 stars vectra Manual, 24 July 2013
Arrived no problem but was disappointed to find it didn't cover my 3.2 V6 engine so then had to hunt online for my timing marks... you cant win all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars What can you say about a haynes manual?, 10 July 2013
its great , well written i n great detail, what you would expect from Haynes.
pity it didn't cover the signum, there are too many engine variances for my liking would have better split into petrol/diesel..

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but by no means brilliant, 27 April 2013
Seems to be a poor manual compared to others I've had in the Haynes range. Covers the mechanical areas, but is very sadly lacking in information on electrical systems or even how to replace/repair the tubes leading to the rear wash system.

All too often the manual merely refers you to your Vauxhall/Opel dealer, which isn't much help. I'd recommend buying an OBD2 code reader online, and then researching your problem.

Haynes have been invaluable to me over the years, but this manual really isn't worth the cash. The manual's been no good for any of my problems, and I've found my solutions online (usually with far more comprehensive pictures and descriptions too).

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch!!!, 27 April 2013
just what i needed and in amazing condition really helped me out through the niggles my car has been having

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband always insists on having a service and repair manual for any car he owns, 25 April 2013
M. Smith "msmithag" (Bucks, England) - See all my reviews
He is delighted - as always - he maintains both our cars even at his ripe old age (80 shhh!).Without the manuals he would be lost!

5.0 out of 5 stars vectra c haynes manual, 22 Mar 2013
You get what you pay for with a Haynes rather than a workshop manual so could never complain as the lower cost reflects this. Wish I could find something describing the Vauxhall LPG system.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›