4.0 out of 5 stars Very good item
Published on 19 July 2010 by A.N.Other

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as they used to be
Published on 1 July 2010 by Paul Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as they used to be, 1 July 2010
This review is from: Peugeot 206: 2002 to 2006 Petrol and Diesel Owners Workshop Manual (Service & repair manuals) (Hardcover)
I have not worked on cars for years but when I needed to work on my son's Peugeot 206 I bought a Haynes manual as I have used them previously and found them excellent. What has changed over the years ? - for one thing no exploded diagrams of various components. I used to find this especially useful. Too much " replace with exchange product" - what happened to taking an alternator apart and replacing bearings for example. I recognise cars are moving fast into more electronics which are difficult to work on without the specialised equipment but the mechanicals are different and should be treated as such in the manual. Overall, useful in some parts but weak in others and certainly not the Haynes I used to know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good item, 19 July 2010
I bought this in order to carry out routine maintainence on my Peugeot. I am not a mechanic but I just wanted to learn a little more about my vehicle. I havn't tried anything difficult but I have changed the air and cabin filter so far which was very simple using the haynes manual. Plenty of pictures and a good 'difficulty rating' really helps. Would definitely recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get the right edition, if your car's a 2001 model, 8 Sept. 2011
Tom (Portishead, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered the black edition (Peugeot 206 Petrol and Diesel Service and Repair Manual: 2002 to 2006 (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals)) of the 206 Haynes manual, as it's billed as 2002-2006 (51 to 06 registration). The blue edition (Peugeot 206 Petrol and Diesel Service and Repair Manual (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals)) is billed as 1998-2001 (S to X registration). My car's from 2001, but it's a 51 registration, so it's not immediately clear which edition is applicable.

There are some very fundamental differences between the to-2001 and 2002-onwards 206s, explaining the two editions. Turns out I picked the wrong one: my 2001/51 turbo diesel is the old "pre-multiplex" model manufactured in August 2001, rather than the newer "multiplexed" version introduced in October 2001. This means the electrical systems are completely different.

Fortunately, I managed to sell the black edition on Amazon Marketplace quickly for only a few pounds less than I paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haynes Peugeot 206HDi Manual, 2 Sept. 2011
I have owned and still do own many Haynes manuals. I think that the quality of the information in this one for the Peugeot 206 HDi is not as good as previous ones for other models. It seems to me that the author tells you details which are obvious while omitting other crucial and essential details.
For instance, where bolts are located(hidden) and how many bolts/nuts there are, which would save alot of hassle, mistakes and time.
The photographs again leave alot to be desired both in terms of their quality and those being essential but omitted and not essential and shown.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, shame about black and white images, 29 July 2012
Good book, has almost everything in it that you would need.

My two problems (two stars deducted):

- The images were not very high quality and in black and white, so it is hard to see exactly what they were doing

- The steps themselves were too vague and did not detail what you should do exactly. They seemed to completely jump sections that would seem vital.

Overall the book is good for little things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haynes Manual., 2 Dec. 2012
As with all haynes manuals there are some gaping holes in the information included, but there again they don't claim to be complete workshop manuals. This particular copy was advertised as in "good" condition. The description was not right, as it was as new!! It didn't look as if it had ever been opened. So to summarise, The book was as we expected, and the seller was even better than we expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best home mechanic manuals, 5 Mar. 2010
Paul Cook (kent) - See all my reviews
Haynes manuals can save you a small fortune in garage costs.They are easy to understand even for an inexperienced home mechanic like me. Amazon are way cheaper than the shops.My only gripe is that the manuals should be made with glossy pages as I havent found the knack of turning pages without leaving oily fingerprints!.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with Haynes, 30 Jun. 2009
NIALL P. O'BRIEN "niall" (london) - See all my reviews
It does exactly as it says on the tin. Very informative, easy to follow the instructions and easy to navigate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Dec. 2014
well worth waiting for and in very good condition, very pleased with everything

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 Feb. 2015
as described although the previous owner had written on quite a few pages

Used & New from: £12.92