5.0 out of 5 stars A must for your collection
I love archaeology and I have a passion for the First World War so this book was the perfect choice for me. Since it arrived I have had my nose stuck firmly into it. I find it well written and well researched. For anyone interested in these subjects this book is a must for your collection
Published 12 months ago by JS53

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
All right
Published 1 month ago by k lawrence

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Digging Up Plugstreet: The Archaeology of a Great War Battlefield (Hardcover)
All right

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for your collection, 26 Aug 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Brings the names on the headstones in Flanders to life through living in their foot steps, 25 May 2013
Was very informative brought to life what my great uncles and grandfather went through wish I had read it before I visited Flanders. Found the breaking of myths long head a revelation . Brought to light the answers to many questions. A good book for those who want to know more than just the name on the headstone .

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 29 Jan 2013
I stumbled across this book and bought it on impulse. It's been well worth the money and time. Knowing nothing about archaeology was no obstacle as the writers fully explained what they did and why. I was surprised at how much below ground was preserved, equally how some things had deteriorated. Once I had entertained thoughts of browsing the surface of some of the old battlefields to see what might be laying about. Such ideas have now completely left me - I will cheerfully leave such investigations to the experts.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st World War archaeology in the 21st century, 4 Dec 2009
N. J. Saunders (Bristol, U.K.) - See all my reviews
An excellent book on excavations of 1st World War battle-zones at 'Plugstreet', Belgium. Anyone interested in the multidisciplinary approach of modern conflict archaeology should buy it!

Digging Up Plugstreet: The Archaeology of a Great War Battlefield