4.0 out of 5 stars Kit Car Manual
I bought this for my dad for Christmas and he was well impressed with it as he is currently building his own kit car in his spare time...it hasn't left the bathroom since!!...Good sized book packed with information.
Published on 21 Jan. 2010 by E. Powles

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought
First impressions are this is not as good as I thought it was going to be. Being a Haynes product I expected a good fact-based book with diagrams and advise, but instead it is mainly long waffley blocks of text full of the author's personal opinions.

Published on 10 May 2010 by Steve

4.0 out of 5 stars Kit Car Manual, 21 Jan. 2010
E. Powles (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kit Car Manual: The Complete Guide to Choosing, Buying and Building British and American Kit Cars (2nd Edition) (Hardcover)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought, 10 May 2010

Although some useful experiences are shared, I find his constant moaning about the production car industry, associated depreciation and running costs very irritating. Just because all his vehicles are kit-cars doesn't mean every reader is going to abandon their normal vehicles.

For him to moan about production sports cars is bizarre and totally irrelevant. I, like many, still aspire to own a Porsche one day and am not going to give that dream up just because in the meantime I am thinking about building my own kit sports car for under £10k.

The sections of text about getting 'the wife' on board by doing DIY for her is as uninteresting as it is insulting to mine and my partner's intelligence.

In summary buy this book if you want to learn about the author's experiences and how amazing his wife is, but you'll find much better advise and build information on the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 17 Oct. 2014
Good product, good price, quick delivery. Satisfied customer.