on 25 April 2011
Bought for a friend who is a Spitfire Nutcase. Having read it cover to cover he pronounced it "the best read, sexiest book I have ever owned". Go figure... :-)
on 7 March 2013
Having used may Haynes manuals for cars and motorcycles, I was expecting something in a similar vein. Unfortunately, it is not, being a bit of a lightweight re-hash of the historical information covered elsewhere.
Entertaining none the less, but not as good as the Haynes format could have made it.
on 10 October 2010
I got a lot of enjoyment from this book and ordered the Hurricane one straight away. Very addictive good quality hardback. Very well researched and accessible to the non-Spit expert like me. Excellent stories that intrigued me to research further: I'm now reading my way through BOB pilot biographies to get the fuller story. Highly recommended
on 17 January 2014
Great item, the essential guide for anyone interested in this iconic aircraft. i purchased as a valuable aid to assist me with scale modelling.
on 9 June 2011
What can I say? Fantastic! Loved every minute of it! Just a quick note though, if you are hoping to receive a manual like the Haynes car manuals you'll be disappointed, this is really a quick history of the Spitfire and the general overview of whats involved in owning one.I guess the people who do manage to afford to own one wont be using this manual anyway!
Well worth the asking price, and its much cheaper than high street prices.
on 1 October 2013
Excellent reference material as expected with Haynes manuals - nice and straightforward. A good price and no quibbles about delivery. My pops was happy too as he identified a piece of a Spitfire that we found.
on 6 November 2013
As a long time lover of this iconic aircraft, it was pure joy to be able to get in about the guts of it. Haynes should be congratulated for this brilliant and fact-filled book.
on 28 May 2016
What shall I Say About this Book The Spitfire Is My Favourite Fighter Of WW2 and it is a Icon Legendary Piece of History and R.J.Mitchell would bean proud. the book is superb
on 2 January 2013
It was a present for my husband. It was everything he expected. He was delighted with it. I just hope he doesn't get any ideas about building one in the garage!
on 5 June 2013
A christams present for a spitfire fanatic - now all he needs is the spitfire to go with it (need to do a bit more saving for that though) !!!