on 13 February 2010
Covering what is arguably the golden era of sportscar racing, I loved this book.

David Piper provides the forward and describes his hand to mouth existence during the period, racing to collect start money to pay for the next race with a bit of wheeler dealing too!!

The main text is limited to the above mentioned forward and Paul Parkers own introduction, but the stunning photographs tell their own story. Each is accompanied by a witty and informative caption. Every chapter is rounded off with a list of entrants for that partcular year.

A remarkable source of reference for restorers and enthusiasts alike, this publication is terrific value and thoroughly recommended.
on 1 July 2008
This is just one from a great series of books on motor sport in years past (the exception being the BTCC).

Good use of images and informative extended captions mean it is easy to browse and you will learn something each time. Background details from a clearly knowledgeable and enthusiastic author bring the machines, personalities and period to life.
on 25 March 2011
A very good book.Having being interested in Sports Car Racing since 1965 and having a number of associated books this and its predecessor covering the 1950-59 era are excellent reference material. What I enjoyed mostly that the author made very attempt to name the others in the photos.This is most important to me.
Very happy with the price from GB as listed here in NZ was 80% dearer.
on 5 June 2008
A super collection of photographs covering the whole spectrum of the 60's major sportscar events with both familiar and lesser know cars from Chaparral to Downton Mini (a Targa Florio entry). Complemented by a very literate and informative text, this took me straight back to events I attended in the 60s, reminded me of things I'd forgotten - and taught me lots of things I never knew! If you were there you'll certainly like it and if you weren't you must get it to see what fabulous cars, drivers and races you've missed and, though we didn't appreciate it at the time, how blooming primitive things were in the good old days.
on 12 February 2009
This is a first class book. I started watching motor racing in 1963 and was lucky enough to see many of the cars and drivers featured in this book - Cobras, Ferraris of all kinds, Ford GTs, Lola 70s, Porches etc. driven by the likes of the Hills Graham and Phil, Surtees, Siffert, Oliver, Ickx and many, many more, all of whom feature strongly. Consequently, coming across this book was a real joy.

However, it is not just the big names of the sport that are featured. The author also gives space to some of the lesser known, and often forgotten, drivers and cars, who did so much to give variety and colour to 60s sports car racing.

The format is very simple. A chapter for each year of the decade starting with a brief summary of the year followed by a series of superb quality colour photographs from each race with some descriptive and reflective captions. The accompanying commentary very effectively conveys Paul Parker's love, and deep knowledge of the subject, and reminded me of why I fell in love with the sport, and also, why I fell out of love with it in more recent years.I have seen some of the pictures before, but there are a lot of previously ( for me anyway) unseen photos that capture the atmosphere and feel of what was a wonderful era for this type of racing. Importantly I didn't spot any of the irritating caption errors that you sometimes find in books of this kind - he knows his stuff.

My only gripe is that I would have preferred the detailed results for each race. Instead you get a record of each entrant, driver and car with the event they participated in, for each year. Otherwise, excellent.
on 4 December 2012
Quite an expensive book for me.... WORTH EVERY PENNY... I model slot-car's from resin kit's and scenic diorama's and this book had so many wounderful colour photo's for refference.
I've read all the info which is very interesting but this book (as the title suggest's) is all about the photo's. Every one of them colour. Personally I can't fault it. For me.... THE BEE'S KNEE'S.
on 1 March 2016
Performs as expected. Pleased with purchase.