on 29 December 2015
Usual from Haynes but this publication tries to get too many models in it's covers and then the same for the sections. Eg... Changing a something and I have a GTDI midway through the write up if you have a petrol 1.6 do this blah blah and then you struggle to find where your model is taken up again. But if yr good with the tools it's a knowledge backup for adjusting yr work.
on 26 April 2014
As a DIY manual it is fairly good with much needed information and reasonable descriptions. The warnings when needed to be passed on to the repairer are also a good thing. On the whole this manual is fairly complete for those with some mechanical knowledge . My only cause for complaint is that some of the photo descriptions are not so clear , in fact the pictures themselves could be a lot clearer, even a line drawing in some cases would have been better. On the whole I would have to say that I found it a useful addition to my library .
on 14 August 2009
I've had many Haynes manuals before. They do cover pretty much everything about the car, but in some instances, there is too little detail for some fiddly jobs. Wouldn't do without one though.
on 26 November 2008
I've used this book once and I've already saved twice the cost of the book by fixing something myself that VW would have charged me a ridiculous amount for. Worth it!
on 13 January 2016
best 15 pounds ive ever spent in my life, its saved me thousands in garage labour fees. i am a complete novice and sunday morning tinker but with this and the correct tools i managed to replace every thing that brakes on my car [which is a lot for a VW !!!!!]
on 16 May 2013
Manual arrived but was dissapointed with its quality. Some of the pages are poorly printed/faded. I can see the info I need but the print is poor to say the least on some pages. This manual is not a patch on the previous Haynes ones I have for our other cars. It lacks detail in many areas--especially the '130 bhp variant diesel model. I should have bought the more expensive Bently manual instead
on 15 August 2009
As someone else has said, this book covers too many models and it misses out a lot of steps. A half hour job is often condensed into a one line statement with a poor photograph to support it. Ultimately, it depends on how much you want to play with your car. This is OK for the absolute basics but I'd recommend a diffenrent publisher for more detailed steps on these vehicles.
on 6 April 2010
Not as good as the Haynes books of old. Pictures and diagrams are quite poor but where else can you go for information these days ?.
on 31 October 2014
It seems that there are good Haynes manuals and there are excellent Haynes manuals. Having used 3 other excellent Haynes manuals I consider this is an essential purchase. Unfortunately, due to the huge number of models and variables I found this guide was good but not excellent. For example, I found my copy was lacking the pages for exchanging spark plugs. I wrote to Haynes for more help and they kindly sent me a diagram and procedure as the procedure for engine codes AZD, BAD, BCA and BCB were missed in the original manual. This manual is huge, worth every penny and the content is excellent, but it seems that it could be three times bigger. Essential and excellent still, but it would have been better if it had been split into several more complete guides with more images.
on 22 April 2009
I purchased this product in order to replace a faulty cabin ventilation air blower motor. This is a tricky motor to locate as it requires the removal of various bits of cabin trim in order to get to the ventilation system. I found the photos in the manual not as helpful as I would have good quality, expanded, schematic diagrams. As for other repairs, servicing, or maintenance issues. The book tries to cover too many different types of Golf/Bora to give the reader enough detailed information on any specific one. For example, you could not rely on the instructions for something like a timing belt change without having some prior knowledge about your specific engine type. As for simpler things like routine servicing the manual is a reasonably good point of reference.