4.0 out of 5 stars Vauxhall hand book
Really clear illustrations and directions. It went into detail of more complex mechanical operations than I need to know but it might come in handy one day. It lives in the car so its always to hand especially if we are on a longer journey.

If like us when we bought our car second had we didn't get the hand book, then this when be a good book to have at hand.
Published on 16 Jun 2006 by SjN@Peace

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
Published on 4 July 2011 by Mr. Gordon Campbell

4.0 out of 5 stars Vauxhall hand book, 16 Jun 2006
SjN@Peace (West Sussex,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vauxhall / Opel Astra & Zafira, February 1998 to April 2004 (R registration onwards) Petrol (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals) (Hardcover)

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 4 July 2011
Mr. Gordon Campbell "gjc" (Belfast N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
Haynes manuals remove the 'black magic' and mystic that surrounds car maintenance. For years I've left my cars at the local garage for repairs and routine maintenance, costing hundreds over the years. I finally took the plunge and bought some tools and now do my own routine car servicing, saving a fortune in the process. The manuals take you through the steps with notes and pictures, with a bit of time and provided you follow the instructions you could easily carry out your own servicing. I dont think I'll ever be ready to re-build the gear-box, I'll let the professionals do that, but for routine servicing Haynes have got it right. If there is any criticism its the 'generic' quality that pervades these manuals. I've found the same 'wording' in this manual as in 2 or 3 other Haynes manuals I've purchased in the last year. I've also found that my local motor parts outlet does not always recommend the exact same identical parts (oil type, spark plugs) which does leave you in a dilemna. One major omission in this particular manual is the failure to inform of the specific 'star' headed tool that is needed to remove the oil sump bung, its a specific tool for vauxhall and wont be part of a normal socket set. You'll have to buy this seperately. For such a common mechanical component not to be highlighted in the manual is really quite poor. That said I would still recommend the manual as its the best place to start.

3.0 out of 5 stars Haynes Manual, 29 Sep 2009
Manual is not as clear and detailed as the previous ones. Photographs not very clear and descriptions are confusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 25 Sep 2005
Zorric (Horsham, UK) - See all my reviews
These manuals are vital if you are thinking of doing any maintenance on your Astra or Zafira. You'll soon save far more than the cost of the book. Plus, you can check that the garage where you have the car serviced have actually done the work correctly - or at all!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fuzzy Fotos, 22 April 2011
I don't know if it's because of the poor quality paper or the printing process but most of the photos in the manual appear over-exposed and not at all sharp which makes it hard to identify exactly what you are looking at.
I also got the feeling that some of the jobs had not actually been done by the writer so perhaps the information was from another source?
So, not as useful as I had hoped, nevertheless it's worth having a copy to hand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok if you`re really stuck, 28 Jan 2011
Mr. S. L. Jones "Beanster" (Port Talbot, South Wales.) - See all my reviews
I`d only use this for reference if you really need it, some job methods are long winded and can be done using alternative means.
Also, certain jobs are vague which sounds contradicting but really depends on which problems arise.
Certainly has saved me some dosh on costly money grabbing mechanical garage repairs!

3.0 out of 5 stars Haynes Vauxhall Astra Manual, 23 Sep 2010
Disapointing. The manual seems to have lost interest in telling us about a great car. An example is the use of 'see pictures or illustrations' but it does not say which one it is referring to. Most of the photos are not very good so you dont know what you are looking for. The manual lacks detail on some proceedures as if they are not realy interested.

Great shame.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 7 Dec 2009
R. Murphy (UK) - See all my reviews
Having read and used a number of Haynes motor manuals, I find this particular book is not up to the usual standards, so I will only give it 3 out of 5. Trying to find a simple route to certain items of interest can become a little time consuming and confusing. It doesn't cover all the information that you might require or possibly need at short notice.

If you are really into vehicle repair, then this book may provide some of the answers, but if you are more of a weekend DIYer, then think a little before trying any major tasks.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book has been invaluable in the maintainance of my, 6 July 2014
This book has been invaluable in the maintainance of my car

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 July 2014
good read could have changed the printer ink as bit patchy