on 30 June 2004
I dont try ot pretend I know alot about computers, but with this book i was able to build, load and successfully run my computer with very little fire (only joking).
Its laid out in a way that even the simplist of fools can understand it.
It is alittle pricey but its something you'd keep and refere back to.
So whether your a complete beginner at builds or a whizz kid at DOS this book is for you.
Thanks for reading
on 5 January 2003
I was very impressed with this book. Its well written and doesnt contain confusing techno waffle. With it's help it gave me the confidence to upgrade my memory, add a CD writer and add more hard disk space. Excellent book for someone opening a pc for the first time. It gives you the essentials to get the job done but dont expect a huge amount of depth.
VINE VOICEon 19 December 2007
Whilst fixing my computer, this book and two others proved invaluable in help me sort out deep problems with my system.

After a lot of work to create the basis required for a wireless home network, my hard drive failed. This book proved very useful in showing just enough information to be helpful, and not too much to confuse the non -professional reader. I have pushed my computer to its limits and feel this book is beneficial to read. Where it is now lacking, I know what to do to improve it. This is a fantastic manual for the interested computer user on a budget.
on 13 June 2005
I am writing this review from the pc I have built and I found this book to be marvelous because it teaches you what you need to look for and what you need I personally chose to build a "super pc" but it teaches the basics sadly though this book is now outdated in the processor areas as the AMD's have a different method now and have better models etc...
I'm sure there will be an update soon though when this comes out I recommend you buy this
on 9 August 2006
at the same time i bought this book i also signed up for an online computer course with learn direct. I got a discount, but it was still eighty quid. The course was a nightmare- dry, written like a computer programme itself, and unintellgible.

This book, on the other hand is informative, occasionaly witty, simply set out and a bargain at any price.
on 27 October 2013
I choose this rate because it is my first manual it is old but it was all I could afford at the present time. I think that I will preform a upgrade very soon. But I will have to read it again just to make sure it is done properly. I have windows 7 & windows 8 in easy steps they both tell you what you really need to know. The diagrams are very clear just like the manual but up to date with what operating system I use today. I will recommend this book to someone who can show me how to preform a upgrade on windows 7 & 8 .
on 2 January 2015
Great item as described no complains at all.