5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous collection!
Published on 7 Dec 2009 by Mrs. A. Miller

Not the same cover as one shown when I purchased it. The one I received looks like a slightly more modern edition and says well loved tales inside a white oval with flowers on it. Thankfully illustrations are same inside and it is in good condition as described. More care should be taken to ensure I purchase the same product and not one that is just a bit similar.
Published 1 month ago by hostelgirl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous collection!, 7 Dec 2009
Classic story, easy to read and understand and not too long or too short. I bought the entire range of first favourite tales for my 2 year old and she loves them. In fact, after reading other books for the last year my husband was also very pleased we'd bought them as he finds them great to read to her too!! My baby son will also benefit from these when he's older so a great choice. Overall a very happy family and at a great price with great service what more could you ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 25 Oct 2009
L. Nicholson (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book, along with 2 other Ladybird books, for my 2 yr old daughter. She loves books with rhyming and repetition, so this is perfect for her. I remember the story from when I was a child and I loved it too. I wasn't sure about using it for bedtime stories, due to the wicked troll, but my little girl has been fine with it. A great little book at a fab price.

5.0 out of 5 stars VALUE FOR MONEY, 24 Oct 2011
Beautiful books at a great price and wonderful that they are still available in hard back for our grandchildren.This how you raise standards in education for the children of this country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Story, 24 Mar 2010
Mr. L. SPENCER (Notts, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this book for my son, he's just turned 3

He now has 10 out of the 12 books from this excellent collection and this is certainly one of his favourites (Along with Magic Porridge Pot,Gingerbread Man) - Although my personal favourite is still "The Little Red Hen" which I would give 6 stars if I could as this book is the most educational of the series

"Who's that trip trapping across my bridge" brings a smile to his face every time I read the story

Highly Recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars The one I received looks like a slightly more modern edition and says well loved ..., 12 Sep 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 2 April 2014
Another great ladybird book for children. Well illustrated and good story. Kids never tire of these books so they are good value

5.0 out of 5 stars Great traditional story, 8 Mar 2014
Good version of the story with engaging pictures. A must for part of the bedtime routine. My children love it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 'excellent condition', 22 Jan 2014
Quote 'Seller note: The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged'.

It is true that pages are intact in that they are not torn, and that there is no highlighting and the spine is undamaged. But the cover is marked, pages look like they have been wet and dried out, some stuck together, there is writing on the first page and there are many stains on other pages. I would not rate it as excellent condition. I can't be bothered to send it back as my son is more interested in the story than the condition of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless childrens's classic, 21 Jan 2014
Wonderful classic. I loved this book as a child and now my two and a half year old enjoys it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ladybird book, 8 Jan 2014
No problems with this seller, the book came and my son loved it, I would use again as and when my son sees another book he wants

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Three Billy Goats Gruff
The Three Billy Goats Gruff (Hardcover - 5 May 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01