5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely
I brought this,goldilocks and three bears and the three little pigs from the same range for my two year old who has just started to like fairy tales.
They are lovely little books full of colours and pictures and she loves them. All have been adapted at the end ever so slightly to remove the rather chilling ends that used to be about when I was child.
Highly...
Published on 9 April 2009 by Ms. Julia Crisp

2.0 out of 5 stars Too scary for two year olds
I bought this whole series and they are a superb step up from the Ladybird board books. However Red Riding Hood is too scary for two year olds. Ours can cope with little pigs being eaten but not a scary grandmother turning into a wolf !
Published on 6 July 2006 by S. Williamson

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 9 April 2009
Highly recommended for younger children

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic story, great little book, but a bit flimsy!, 9 Oct 2010
It is one of my 17 month old girl's favourite books at the moment, she asks for it ("rerr rirr" is about the best approximation i can do) and she likes to read this to herself (going "RAWR" for the wolf bits and knocking on the book when they knock on the door).

Nice illustrations. However, the way it is written is a bit grating, some of it rhymes in an odd way, and some of the sentences seem clumsy to me (especially the last one!). The fact that it is paper pages make it easy to rip, probably doesn't matter so much for the range it is aimed at, but my grabby little one might rip it and be sad about that!

I give it 4 stars because my daughter loves it so much, I think that says a lot more for it than my silly opinion!

Edit : I feel like I was slightly unfair before, as we have tried a few more versions of this story and they are all worse than this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 30 Jun 2013
Would definitely use this trader again. Product was as described and was dispatched quickly. Good condition for my craft project.

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Red Riding Hood, 28 Aug 2010
D. G. Dallyn (U.K.) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this tale, bought for a friend who could not remember the story, but it is slightly different to the one we had as children

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little books, 6 Aug 2010
I was worried this might scare my grand daughters but they actually felt sorry for the wolf! I've got to buy the whole set now! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent night readings for young kids, 24 July 2010
My 2 years old absolutely loves these books (and especially little red riding hood). The books are short enough to keep their attention level high and you can always "enrich" them as you go. Colorful drawings complement the text and offer a good way to interact (where is the wolf?).
I really don't understand the negative comments, but I suppose anyone is different and has different needs and expectations.
The text is also child-proof (no scary chopping of the wolf, no eating grandma ...) which is nice: my parents once told my daughter their version and she seemed a bit frightened by the wolf/woodcutter/grandma ordeal.
I own several books of "First Favourite Tales" and this is true for all of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classic fairy Tale, 29 Dec 2009
Ms. L. Brown (England) - See all my reviews
Very good classic fairy tale. Kids love it! But think the price was High for what it is!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 27 Dec 2009
R. Wilkinson - See all my reviews
Bought a few of these fairytale books and they are really nice. They are just right for my three year old son. He loves to listen to them and also enjoys to retell them himself as he turns the pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous collection!, 7 Dec 2009
Classic story, easy to read and understand and not too long or too short. I bought the entire range of first favourite tales for my 2 year old and she loves them. In fact, after reading other books for the last year my husband was also very pleased we'd bought them as he finds them great to read to her too!! My baby son will also benefit from these when he's older so a great choice. Overall a very happy family and at a great price with great service what more could you ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars good educational product, 13 Nov 2009
I was looking for a product to inspire my son, who is learning to read, and was browsing through the books when I came across these books, and thought I'd try one, or two. They are so good that he is allowed to take them to school. They have really taken his interest, and I've bought the full set of twelve. First Favourite Tales is one of the best set of books I could have bought for this purpose. My son is now demanding I buy him more books.

ARRAY(0xac7b75e8)

Little Red Riding Hood
Little Red Riding Hood (Hardcover - 5 May 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01