on 4 November 2008
Its not very often a novelisation of a comic strip works well. This is the exception.

Judge Dredd is starring in 4 stories here, one of which is dredd vs death, which most megacity fans will know already. the characters work well, you have a feel they belong in megacity, along with the judges and 'fat guys' and all the tech, you can almost imagine it as the comic.

I have to say it is written very well, and is one of the best books to come out of black industries. I recommend this to any fan of dredd, whether they have read the comics or not. It is a very good stand alone collection, and with 4 books in 1 well worth the money.
on 18 December 2009
This is the second time I've bought the book. This time as a present and it's an excellent set of four full length Dredd stories. A fan of 2000AD as a kid, I really enjoyed being back in the world of Mega City and the wild and wacky villains who inhabit it. Plus you have PSI Judge Anderson, the hottest babe since Adam first saw Eve.

An avid reader I hugely recommend it. Don't expect deep wisdom or heart rending emotion, just good fun where the baddies pay the price as Dredd uses his Lawgiver (Gun to the uninitated) to deal out justice Mega City style.
on 22 June 2016
thought it was a graphic novel but clearly not but then it was a quid and it reads ok but for me the only judge dredd is a cartoon