4.0 out of 5 stars Military History, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Operation Varsity: The British and Canadian Airborne Crossing of the Rhine (Battleground Europe) (Paperback)
It is what it is, a factual account of a military endeavour from WW2, and probably only appeal to military history buffs like me. My interest in this episode went a bit deeper this time as my father actually took part in the British para drop in this battle, and was either injured by gunfire or grenade explosion during the battle or in the break out just after. I wondered if he would appear in the book in a photo somewhere, but the book mainly deals with the exploits of the higher rankers and those rank and file that stood out above the rest, His CO was mentioned quite a lot though, so I guess wherever he went, my father wasn't far away doing his bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Operation Varsity, 11 Jan 2014
I gave this as a present for someone who had been in the Parachute Regiment and was involved in this Crossing which was well received and thought to be accurate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Operation Varsity, 20 July 2013
A very well written and researched document. My reason for dipping into it is that my Brother was killed on this op. like so many others on the 24th March 1945.