5.0 out of 5 stars Aubers Ridge, Edward Hancock, 5 July 2009
Mr. S. Hider "Stan Hider "Sussex Lad"" (Isle of Wight, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Battle of Aubers Ridge (Battleground Europe) (Paperback)
The Battle of Aubers Ridge usually get the odd paragraph in any history of the First World War, if it gets mentioned at all. This book has a detailed account of the battle and the exploits and fortunes of all the units that took part in this tragic episode. The later part of the book gives a detailed tour of the battle field today. My interest in the battle is that I recently discovered that a Great Uncle of mine was killed there with the 2nd Bn Royal Sussex Regiment.

5.0 out of 5 stars WW1 Forgotten Battle, 6 Nov 2012
Patrick Kavanagh "Patrick A Kavanagh "goo... (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
After a long search for information on the WW1 Battle at Aubers Ridge, I was so please to find this work. My great uncle, who was a Royal Munster Fusilier, was lost at Aubers Ridge and remains, as with thousands of others, in an un-marked resting place on this battlefield. Until I found this work by Edward Hancock, I had great difficulty obtaining information regarding Aubers Ridge and the battle that ensued that fateful day of May 9th,1915. If you, like I, had relatives who were involved in this action or, just want an informative and concise account of this WW1 Battle then, I recommend this work. The book is well laid out with clear and well printed photographs, illustrations and maps. It is easy to read with concise information and, as with all good works, it contains excellent Appendix, Bibliography and indexes. If you want to learn more of the tradgedy that took place at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915 then, I strongly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aubers Ridge, 16 Sep 2011
This is a very informative study of the attacks on Aubers Ridge in 1915. It makes it possible to make sense of the various actions which, hitherto, I had found rather confusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars for my resertch on wher my grandad fell, 24 Dec 2013
I like my dad sister have spent years trying to find out where Albert Holmes of the RIFLE BRIGADE 2nd battalion fell and with this book it will give some help. thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Royal Sussex regiment 2nd ww1, 11 Jan 2013
It informed my husband how his grandfather gave his life in the first attack at Aubers Ridge. It seamed a waist of a lot of good and young men.

ARRAY(0xa5e2b5f4)

The Battle of Aubers Ridge (Battleground Europe)
The Battle of Aubers Ridge (Battleground Europe) by Nigel Cave (Paperback - May 2005)
10.99