5.0 out of 5 stars Simple..simple...simple. The best concepts always are.
Published on 14 Sept. 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good
The book is entertaining and written with enthusiasm. It does what it says on the tin. I found it a little simplistic.
Published on 20 Sept. 2011 by rodders

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple..simple...simple. The best concepts always are., 14 Sept. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Sales on A Beermat (Paperback)
I used this book as I've had to adopt a more business development roll in my business. This is not something I naturally recognise as a key skill in me so how do I go about it? There are lots of information sources out there and lots of models to choose from but none of them framed the sales process as concisely as 'Sales on a Beermat'. Its concepts are straight forward and annoyingly 'Ohhh yeahhh!' obvious when you think about it.
It also provides a good description of the types (Psychologically) of sales people there are and which are suited to different types of business. So when I'm in a position to recruit for the position I'll be able to draw up a profile for the type of sales manager I want.
Being pocket size it's easy to have on my desk and is great as a flick through book. Stop at any page and you'll find something you can use straight away. I particularly liked the sections on the ways to structure e-mail communication as a way of introducing my company instead of cold calling, Priceless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsory reading for every new business, 12 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Sales on A Beermat (Paperback)
One of the few books I have ever read cover to cover in one sitting - and the others have only ever been fiction. There is a complete lack of management garble and it is clear that the author is writing from experience. The ideas are so straightforward that it is actually possible to see how to put them into action and make them work, rather than complex theories that have never got beyond a classroom. Sales on a Beermat should be made compulsory reading for every new business - and for ALL the staff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sold, 5 Sept. 2005
Russell King "Freelance writer" (Hawick, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sales on A Beermat (Paperback)
This book reads more like a friendly conversation than a textbook, and just like a conversation with your mate down the pub, it cuts through the waffle and straight to the point. As a sole trader whose skills unfortunately do not include sales, I learned how to reduce my qualms about the sales process, thus allowing me to sell within my own 'nice bloke' personality. Just as important is the advice on whether you have the right product to sell in the first place. There's nothing complicated about this book - it sells itself! ;O)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most simple but effective guides for Sales people, 4 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Sales on A Beermat (Paperback)
I have read a plethora of sales books over the last 20 years many excellent many not so. Mike's latest gem is firmly in the first category.
He encompasses all of the musts and also points out the "pitfalls" that any professional sales person needs to remember in order to be successful in their mission to succeed.
Written with simple logic and humour it's a reference guide for building relationships and winning repeat business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for technical or complex sales, 22 Aug. 2006
W. Reilly (Galway, Ireland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sales on A Beermat (Paperback)
This is a book I definitely recommend for anyone new to sales or just looking to sharpen their sales toolkit. I found Mikes Beermat Entrepreneur good but not great for non-technical businesses, however anyone working with a complex sales process will find this invaluable. Even the general sales advice within this book is fantastic. But make sure you actually use the tools and don't undervalue networking this is the best way to meet new prospects, without a doubt. Especially get using the pipeline (tailor to your own needs) and get moving those prospects down the pipeline to the bank.

Oh yeah! and best of luck I hope you win all the big jobs and enjoy sales more everyday beacause it's a great profession to be in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sales for the non-salespwrson..., 5 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Sales on A Beermat (Paperback)
If, like me, the thought of sales brings you out in a cold sweat, this is the book for you. Humorously written, it is a step-by-step guide to selling the "Beermat way" and is unlike most business books that I have ever read in that (a) I wasn't bored and (b) I have actually passed it on to other people to read.
There are so many valuable lessons contained within the book that I actually started using sticky index tabs to remind me of the bits that were most relevant to me and which I will refer to again and again - I have just counted and there are 37 tabs jutting from the side of this book. If someone can point me in the direction of another title that offers that many valuable reference points, I'd like to hear from them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kickstart your sales, 8 Oct. 2005
Roderick Sloane "Sales and Marketing Alignment" (Ealing, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sales on A Beermat (Paperback)
Mike & Chris will guide through you how to win new clients and business.
Make sure you read and implement the Magic Email for making appointments.
Pure Gold!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sales on a Beermat, 3 Oct. 2005
Jack (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sales on A Beermat (Paperback)
I've just finished Sales on a Beermat and it's the kind of book whose message and principles you want to put into practise immediately. I've heard other people mention how well some of the concepts contained within have worked for their businesses and hope that the same happens for mine.
Sales on a Beermat is, as a small business owner, the sort of thing you hope your staff read as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right..., 4 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Sales on A Beermat (Paperback)
This is a straight forward and hugely practical book. Quick and fun to read you'll be going back to it again and again saying "it can't be that easy surely". But it is and Mike really knows his stuff and his no nonsense approach really works.
Can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation, and rebirth., 17 Jun. 2012
C. B. Gooden "Chris Gooden" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sales On A Beermat (Paperback)
I expected to have trouble with this book, as I do with all "Sales" books. I know the critical importance that revenue generation has to every business, but I know this in my head not in my heart. I'm a "techie" who loves researching, discovering, fixing things. So why do I read "Sales" books? Because even techies need to generate revenue. I need to know how.

This is the FIRST book I've ever come across that does not make me cringe, is not full of sleaze and slime, of two-faced shallowness. It focusses entirely on customer satisfaction and I love it. The recognition that different skillsets and attitudes are needed at different stages of solving customer issues (hunter, farmer, evangelist), and where I can play a meaningful role in revenue generation, is absolutely brilliant and succinctly explained.

I will never see "Sales" the same way again. Simply magical. Every employee in every company should read this book, it will change them, it will change the business, for the better in both cases.

Sales on A Beermat
Sales on A Beermat by Chris West (Paperback - 25 Aug. 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01