5.0 out of 5 stars Deep enlightenment through embracing real life
A truly uplifting read, this is possibly the best book so far by the masterful intelligence of Deepak Chopra. The writing is of exceptional quality, his popular blend of scientific objectivity and poetic mysticism. It feels strongly as though the author was himself undergoing a major personal re-birth while writing "The Book Of Secrets".

Each chapter is given...
Published on 27 Dec. 2004 by Tim Burness

2.0 out of 5 stars different titles, identical text!!!
Bought this book in the 'perfect partner' deal and so received both The Book Of Secrets: Unlocking the hidden dimensions of your life and
Published on 29 Nov. 2004 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep enlightenment through embracing real life, 27 Dec. 2004
Tim Burness (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book Of Secrets: Who am I? Where did I come from? Why am I here? (Paperback)

Each chapter is given to a "secret" such as "The Mystery Of Life Is Real", "The World Is In You", "What You Seek You Already Are", "Evil Is Not Your Enemy" and "The Meaning Of Life Is Everything". At the end of each chapter Deepak gives some exercises and suggestions as to how one might accommodate the secret just discussed. Many of these boil down to simple honest and open awareness of oneself and others, together with practical advice of one kind or another. For example, in chapter 6 the author helps free you up from the fear of making mistakes. Right and wrong decisions are mental constructs, there is bad in the good choices we have made and vice versa.

On the cover Deepak asks three questions: "Who am I?", "Where did I come from?" and "Why am I here?". He answers them clearly and simply in the last chapter. A great book to help you WAKE UP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Profoundly moving, 10 Nov. 2008
A very rich book where fifteen secrets are presented that can change our lives in all aspects . I found myself smiling, while reading and enjoying the eloquent words of Mr. Chopra, in the journey towards enlightenment. This book is a very complete spiritual guide that can be used for every day life regardless of your age or profession...

It reminded me of a book by my favorite authors Ariel and Shya Kane, titled Working on Yourself Doesn't Work: The 3 Simple Ideas That Will Instantaneously Transform Your Life I have experientially discovered how to open my heart to the limitless possibilities of life thru their principles of Transformation, and find myself living a more satisfied and easy life.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret Revealed, 17 May 2007
Allana M. (London, England) - See all my reviews
I found "The Book of Secrets" to be a most readable book that raises many important topics such as compassion, who we are and going beyond narrow materialistic thinking. Ever since Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old and The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence, I have become an avid reader of Deepak.

I found his expanded vision that looks beyond material achievements very thought-provoking and it can help people to go beyond limited thinking. I loved his meditations that help to overcome anger, stress and suffering. The overall message is one of compassion and a holistic vision.

"Nexus: A Neo Novel" by Deborah Morrison and Arvind Singh offers a similar vision through the journey of people to a spiritual retreat to help them overcome personal pain.

2.0 out of 5 stars different titles, identical text!!!, 29 Nov. 2004
Book Of Secrets: Who Am I? Where Did I Come From? Why Am I Here?
Both books arrived together and promply. One book is hardback and the other paperback. HOWEVER!!!!, although both books have different covers and titles, the text within the books is absolutely identical (chapter titles, wording....THE LOT!!). I have informed Amazon and they promise they will check it out, so this is just more of a 'buyer beware' warning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Moments., 13 April 2009
Deepak Chopra is a brilliant writer; this is another example of Chopra's vision and his need to pass on knowlege that will help us in our everyday lives.

It is a heavy read; especially after the clarity and focus of The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success. At times I found it very dull but I knew there would be extracts that would make the purchase worthwhile. And he didn't disappoint.

I found myself drawn to the rare moments that he gave an insight in to his personal life; for example, in this book he tells us that he met a South Indian Priest (called a Nadi) and through this Priest he learnt the future date of his death. His account of the meeting was fascinating.

Deepak Chopra's Book of Secrets can be an arduous journey at times, but ultimately leaves you with a general feeling of satisfaction and a deeper awareness.

2.0 out of 5 stars different titles, identical text!!!, 29 Nov. 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars who are we? why are we here?, 14 July 2006
i think this book is so ambitious in its scope but yet Deepak pulls it off. The detail is amazing, its great for anyone who has an intuition that we are more than this physical stuff.

I have the audio version and I find it inspiring and fascinating everytime I read/hear it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It speaks to a modern audience in plain English, without preaching!, 1 Dec. 2009
D. Geddes "deescottlass" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love the book! I can't believe it's been out for some years and I've only just came across reading it! It speaks to a modern audience in plain English, without preaching. We have soo many questions in our lifetime and we forget we've had the answers all along. Wonderful read! A must keep in my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny steps bring big results, 28 Feb. 2010
Mr. Dm Beesley "WormBook" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
The title for my review is actually a quote from this book.

I bought this book from one of Deepak's lectures where I also met him for the first time.

I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone.

This is another one of my favourite quotes from this book..

'This situation may be shaking me, but I am more than any situation'.

Love and Peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERY PAGE IS A REVELATION!!!!!!, 3 July 2009
This is my first book by Dr Chopra and I look forward to get my hands on the rest of his work.

Dr Chopra brings REALITY as we know it and spirituality to a comfortable distance from each other able to see both in relation to our actions and behaviour.

Every page is a revelation, KIND, COMFORTING AND ABOVE ALL DEEPLY FAMILIAR.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Book Of Secrets: Who am I? Where did I come from? Why am I here?