5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!
Published on 16 July 2004 by AllyKelsey

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
Published on 1 Mar 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 16 July 2004
AllyKelsey (Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Compassionate Coaching: How to Heal Your Life and Make Miracles Happen (Paperback)
I have read several books on coaching and this is by far the best. It is easy to read, and the case studies of real people bring it alive. However, the best part for me, is how much the heart, warmth and compassion, essential in therapy and coaching, comes across in this book....along with the wonderful skill of NLP. This takes coaching to a much, much deeper level encouraging the reader to look deep within themselves to find their own answers, purpose and vision so that they can lead their most fulfilling life, and get rid of old negative beliefs or patterns of behaviour. The exercises and questions are so searching, that I have found myself actually spending the time to sit and ponder them, and find my own answers......instead of my usual response.....ooh thats a good question, I'll come back that later!! I love the quotes that are peppered throughout and the summaries at the end of each chapter are an excellent reminder too. Whilst reading the book, I felt as if the author must have known ME and was writing it for me - so much of it hit the spot!!! Obviously a very talented writer - managing to bring the coaching alive and stimulating via a book! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and working through this book.......and now have a much clearer vision of my purpose in life! The path with a heart! Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly inspiring and practical!, 31 Jan 2005
The word 'compassionate' has been defined by The Chambers Dictionary as a "feeling of sorrow or pity for the suffering of another, usually with a desire to alleviate it".
With this gem of a book, written with rare warmth and compassion, Arielle Essex has been able to cover her subject in eight short chapters and within 200 pages, and fills her book with examples of her own and others' experiences.
Through the medium of stories and a number of exercises, supplemented with examples of real-life people from all walks of life, Arielle shows how much she cares for people by outlining ways of healing your life and making miracles happen.
She equips the reader with all the necessary tools on the pathway to success, starting with possibly the most important ingredient, compassion.
A great book, Arielle, that I wish with all my heart I could have written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical wisdom, 30 Jan 2005
This is not just a book to help you achieve what you want in life but also to help you to identify the reasons why you want it, whether it really is what you want, and which of your own beliefs and behaviours have been preventing you from getting it!
Arielle Essex is a gifted teacher who has put all her personal style and charisma into this book, full of amazing practical wisdom. Using thought provoking exercises and encouraging case studies Arielle leads the reader gently but firmly through to the final process of creating your future.
Some personal development books are a good read that, once put down, are never picked up again. This is a book that I will return to often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compassionate Coaching, 31 Jan 2005
With this priceless book, written with rare warmth and compassion, Arielle Essex has been able to cover her subject in eight short chapters and within 200 pages. She has filled the book with examples of her own and others' experiences.
Through stories of real-life people and plenty of experiences, she shows you ways of healing your life and making miracles happen by learning through others' experiences.
She equips the reader with all the necessary tools on the pathway to success, starting with the most important ingredient, compassion.
A great book, Arielle, that I wish I had written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Coaching Book I've read, 28 Dec 2006
estoile (Cardiff, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is probably the best coaching book I've read for helping you to uncover what you want and figuring out the blocks that are preventing you from getting it. I've done a lot of personal development work but this book helped me to uncover new things about myself and also to clarify others. Highly recommended if you want to find out what's stopping you achieving your dreams and then doing something about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compassionate effectiveness, 14 Dec 2010
The way in which this book is put together provides such a transforming journey, and unlike many other self development books on the market the transformation is lasting and deeply effective. The key to the work here is that it is not just the positive thinking that manifests our deepest desires but understanding the many aspects of our unconscious that are at play in wanting outcomes for our lives, it is these aspects that are described in detail and worked through in the book. It combines working exercises with written explanation and examples. The first time I read it as a book, cover to cover without stopping and it was only later that I went back through and began to use the exercises as I needed them, and the results have been joyful. Thank you for such a great addition to the self development industry, I hope that many people have the experience of reading this work. I have met the author and highly recommend getting in touch with her, she's as fabulous as the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book deserves to move up the listings!, 26 Feb 2008
By using this book I was able to deal with certain issues in my life which had been causing problems for more than fifty years. It is important to take on the idea that improvement in life should be accompnied by being helpful to others, but this book really does help! Strongly recommended, but be honest with yourself when you read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 17 Jun 2012
Paul Twomey (UK) - See all my reviews
A very good book very clear and to the point, it deals with real issues and things that matter in my life

4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Read, 1 July 2013
I would certainly recommend this book as a book that supports the reader with personal and/or professional development or simply as a good old read to gather and expand your knowledge in coaching. The book is structured in such a way that it enables the reader to self reflect. As you read along I would encourage you to actively take part in the activities as suggested because this is where you are really able to see a shift in your life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 1 Mar 2005
By A Customer
I've read many coaching toolkits, books, white papers and I disagree with many of the reviews, in the sense that this is nothing new. Coaching has been around for some 10 years in business with a real presecence, outside of business for longer so the insights, stories, exercises and analogies given in this book may be found in most other self-help coaching books. Not a break through, or shedding of new light for me, sorry.
It is a well written book in structure and it's simplicity, she has a beautiful way in expressing self-help techniques, and a warmth does come through her writing that is genuine. There are some worthwhile books to read out there on Self-coaching, but my advise would be to shop around, the market is now becoming more-and-more flooded with Coaches, Mentors etc.. writing about how their tips, techniques and wisdom from years of coaching could change your life, only you can change your life, a book won't do it!!!

Compassionate Coaching: How to Heal Your Life and Make Miracles Happen