5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have Gem for Novice and Adept alike
Published on 11 Jan 2010 by violet

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Although the information is accurately explained, I found this little book to be very heavy going. Basically I wanted a simple 'how to' book and this went far more in depth.I've picked it up many times, but never managed to get into it,so I don't think it's the book for me.
Published on 7 Dec 2011 by tilly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have Gem for Novice and Adept alike, 11 Jan 2010
This review is from: Gem Water: How to Prepare and Use Over 130 Crystal Waters for Therapeutic Treatments (Paperback)
I have been an avid collector of gems and minerals for 30 years and interested in their metaphysical properties for 20 years, using them to heal myself and others, so I think I am qualified to say this little book is a Godsend! I have many books on the subject, great, good and not-so; anyone who is likewise interested will agree that trawling through the 'new age'(oh, what has that term come to represent?!) book selection can be a minefield, and many a pretty penny can be lost on regurgiated half-remembered truths. Then there are little gems (pardon the pun)like this that will hardly ever grace the bookcase because it is in constant use - destined to become well worn, dog-eared with corners folded down and added footnotes!
The book describes different methods of energising water with crystals with clear and concise instructions, storage and shelf life aswell as different applications, dosage and reactions. It gives great 'recipies' for specific mixtures plus an index list of crystals and their uses and effects. Most importantly it clearly lists crystals that are toxic and are not to be placed directly in water, which even in the best books I have previously read I have had to trawl through to find. All in all, I love this book so much I have ordered 4 more copies for my friends! - Go on - Buy It! what else can you get for a fiver these days?

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem of a book!, 26 July 2009
A concise guide to this subject, written by someone who clearly knows his crystals and has recorded this information over years of experimentation on himself and others. As he points out the healing properties of crystals are quite different when taken as an essence. To comment on another reviewer's remark, yes more photos are always good but that would change the nature of this book from pocket-size to something other. If you want more photos try his other companion books which I would also recommend. Buy it and have some fun experimenting with the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars a little cracker!, 9 Mar 2010
It may be a small book but it is perfectly formed!.

This is one of my favorite subjects to use on myself and to teach, this book is a real gold mine.

It would be great for someone who is new to the subject it has good clear explinations and description of how to make up your waters, whether to drink, apply externaly or bath in.For those with a deeper knowledge of crystals or elixer work you will find a lot of detail and the crystal section and their uses is invalable.

It is clearly written and the authors are very well versed in their subject. Lots of pratical information on how to make gem waters including how to use crystals which are water soluble, or have properties which are not suitable for internal use, this is so helpful.

There are lots "prescription" that you can make up along with information on makng your own.

If i was stuck on a desert island this would be one of the self help books i would choose to take with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Crystal Therapy Book, 19 Jan 2010
Yet another superb little book for both therapist, and beginner. Extend your knowledge of crystal usage. These remedies have worked for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Gem Water, 9 July 2009
Neville Harwood (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I have enjoyed reading this small and succinctly written book. Anyone who would like to try something different (alternative) in their water, I recommend them to give these recipes a go. These guys certainly know their stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting ideas, 17 Jun 2009
Mrs. M. Sedgwick (Lancashire. UK) - See all my reviews
interesting book full of ideas for crystal healing as essences. would have personally liked more colour pictures throughout to bring it more to life yet I found it well written, simple and easy to understand and follow

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 11 Aug 2011
This little book is excellent. It goes through in detail different methods of making crystal remedies and explains the equipment you need, how many crystals, the strengths of various gems and their uses. My only complaint is that there isn't an index for looking up illnesses, hence why I knocked off a star. I felt slightly put out as well since you need about 1-3 of each stone you're using (or more) to make a litre of essence, although that isn't the authors' fault! I just haven't got enough crystals! Well worth it though if there is a specific thing you need to treat, you can then make sure you buy enough of the right stones. Also be aware that it's not a quick fix, you can't just pour tap water in a glass and chuck a stone in. Everything has to be properly cleansed and purified and each crystal essence takes at least a couple of hours to make and can take as long as a day. If it's a long term thing that you're treating (or at least, an illness lasting more than a day), it would be worth making them.
Overall, well written, detailed and easy to understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful little book!, 13 July 2012
I am quicky becoming a big fan of Michael's work, I also own his book crystal power, crystal healing which is fabulous and has proved invaluable for my crystal therapy practitioner course. I definetly put his work in the same league as Judy Hall. Although a short little book it tells you everything you need to know about preparing gem elixers and all the different methods that can be used. There are individual combinations of tried and tested crystals he has suggested which together form elixers for certain ailments or symptomes. But there is also an index at the back which states the theraputic qualities of many individual crystals which personally I think is the best part of the book. Only reason for 4 stars and not 5 is alot of the combination elixers require a vast number of crystals to make up one recipe, some of which are either not that easy to get hold of or expensive, but hay thats just the way it goes!

Would definetly recommend though, and good value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Cracker!, 27 Dec 2011
I've been making my own Crystal waters for quite a while- ever since recovering from breast Cancer.
Now I can really set to it, and know what I'm doing properly!
Luckily I own absolutely loads of crystals, so I will easily find what I need to make myself well, both physically and psychically.

It's brilliant in the way it tells you which gems are toxic. Also, the 'boiling' method is totally new to me, but does make perfect sense.
The alphabetical index is really useful in informing the reader which method is best for which crystal.
The author/s have done a massive amount of research.
I can't get enough of crystals and books on crystals!

5.0 out of 5 stars informative, 2 Aug 2009
seajay (TAMWORTH,, STAFFS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is very imformative and interesting, I would say it is well worth purchasing if you are a crystal healer or just someone who is interested in crystals would also be good for reiki healers who use crystals. exellent

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›