5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a delight
A wonderful book drawing on and celebrating the rich history of the garden whilst to looking to the future - a gem
Published 3 months ago by Lynne Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars Photos:
Photos:
Dreadful shame that the previously unpublished photos are printed on the text pages, not in good definition, as they deserve...
Published 3 months ago by Helen

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a delight, 4 April 2014
Lynne Walker (Lydbrook, Gloucestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vita Sackville-West's Sissinghurst: The Creation of a Garden (Hardcover)

3.0 out of 5 stars Photos:, 3 April 2014
Photos:

5.0 out of 5 stars Creation of a Show Garden, 14 Mar 2014
Through the prose of these two writers we enter into the realm of delight as how this English show garden was born.
Sarah Raven has a nice way with words and how cleverly she incorporates Vita's words into her chapters.
It is not a coffee table book of photos (If you seek this also buy Tony Lord's Sissinghurst book or Jane Brown's Sissinghurst book with photos by John Miller). Regretfully, whilst it is perfectly bound book, it does not open neatly for reading in bed. You need to be seated at your reading table.
I really enjoyed the read, hard to set down. Walls and roses are well covered in the chapters and give a nice insight to the use of roses.
Enjoy the book as I have here in New Zealand.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 16 Mar 2014
R Slater "librarymouse" (west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I decided to get this book as I really like Sarah Ravens previous books, and I am hoping to go to Sissinghurst this year. I am just half way through the book and I am really enjoying it. Its easy to read, I like the chapter layouts, great ideas in each chapter. Lovely colour photos but I would love to have seen more colour photos throughout. It has lots of black and white photos (some obviously would have been black and white) but others, colour ones would enhance the book further. I have had to read the book alongside another book to find out what the plants look like that Sarah and Vita beautifully describe. I have definitely got lot of ideas that I am desperate to try, and lots of plants to buy! and its made me see shrubs in a different light. I can't wait to go and see the garden now. Glad I bought the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vita Sackville-West's Sissinghurst:The Creation of a Garden, 20 Mar 2014
I write monthly for Garden Design Journal and also write book reviews for them. I have written reviews for a few years now but only once before have I felt the need to tell the author how much I enjoyed their book.

I have just completed my review of Sarah Ravens latest book and I wanted to tell her that I think this is the best work ever done on Sissinghurst, by far. The black and white photographs are sublime, simply breath-taking, even leaving one emotional. To have access to such material and family knowledge makes me extremely envious. Sarah's love of the place is obvious to see.

One of my most popular talks is on Sissinghurst and I foolishly thought I knew all there was to know about Vita and the garden, how wrong I was. I only had the review pdf to work from but I still could not put it down.

The book really is wonderful, thank you Sarah for writing about it, I will recommend it to everyone at my talks.
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Sissinghurst leaps from pages!, 16 Mar 2014
What a lovely and such an informative book I am so pleased to have purchased it and sure I will enjoy every page! With a a glass of something cool on a summer's day in my tiny garden! and see and read about such a wonderful place.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book arrived in perfect condition and arrived very promptly, 3 July 2014
Thank you. The book arrived in perfect condition and arrived very promptly. I am very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 17 Jun 2014
bought for a present for fathers day, very interesting and informative, a good read even if you are not into gardening

5.0 out of 5 stars Sissinghurst Castle, 29 May 2014
Most interesting book read recently.
Wonderful story and illustrations.
very inspiring garden and good story.
Lovely colours in the photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars A private viewing of Sissinghurst., 30 April 2014
This is a fascinating insight into the development of this wonderful garden. Lovely update what is happening today.
Love the dailylifeanecdotes!

Vita Sackville-West's Sissinghurst: The Creation of a Garden
Vita Sackville-West's Sissinghurst: The Creation of a Garden by Sarah Raven (Hardcover - 6 Mar 2014)
20.40