5.0 out of 5 stars Puts personal details of the poets lives, along with best loved poems themselves., 5 Feb 2013
J. M. Passmore "bookie" (Devon U K) - See all my reviews
Each poet in the book, numbering most of the well known poets in the English language, is described in a succinct and illuminating way. After a short biography of the poets life, a poem is discussed and can be read time and time again, thus making the book both an biographical reference, and an anthology. Easy to read, and much enjoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to receive it, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Life Saving: Why We Need Poetry - Introductions to Great Poets (Hardcover)
I had been hoping that this would come available. There had been information a few months ago. I am now glad to have the text of Josephine Hart's personal introductions to each of the poets, and to have some of the poems in text.
I have the CDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all literary students and poetry fans, 20 Jun 2013
Josephine Hart 's beautifully constructed introduction to some of the greatest poems written. A master piece that should be read and read again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 16 Jan 2013
I read an article in a Sunday newspaper about this book and was so moved I bought it. It also co-incided with me saying that I don't understand poetry. It's a beautiful book and a lovely introduction to poetry. Please can we have some more ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saving: Why we need poetry, 29 Jan 2013
I am thrilled wit this book and love the Poets she choose....Josephine Hart was born in Mullingar co. westmeath very close to where i was born myself. I thought work she has done for poetry until her untimely passing . She was an amazing lady and am sorry that i never met her....I keep her beside me at all times and am encouraging my grand daughter to read it as she is studying Sylvia Plath for her leaving cert in two yrs...This book should be introduced to children in secondary school...She is sadly missed.... thank you mary title

Life Saving: Why We Need Poetry - Introductions to Great Poets
Life Saving: Why We Need Poetry - Introductions to Great Poets by Josephine Hart (Hardcover - 1 Nov 2012)
16.49