Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 August 2012
This is a great book, written in a charming and easy to understand 'parables' illustrating facets of development practice. Full of intelligent advice and meaningful insights, it is a must have for any one wishing to work in development practice or architecture.
on 2 January 2013
Bought this as I thought it might help with my essay
I thought it would be more about slums and poverty in general but instead it was more of a case study of a particular place and the changes made in that place to improve it.
It's not what I expected it to be but nonetheless it is very interesting if you want to know more about community structure.
I just wish it would describe this more in a general sense also, not just focusing on one particular place.
Also, I found the book to be too factual. It would reference a fact or some data and then not go in depth about what that means/why it is like that. It just jumps from one idea to the next.
on 18 June 2015
A must have book for every Public Health Worker.