5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best, and certainly the most interesting
Probably the best, and certainly the most interesting, book ever to be written about Fender's golden age. I highly recommend it to anyone with the slightest interested in Fender guitars.
Published 5 days ago by Graham

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy This Compact Edition...
First off, this is a great book, however the compact version is frankly too small.

Published 17 months ago by You're reading the opinion of

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy This Compact Edition..., 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fender: The Golden Age (Hardcover)

I bought this one to save myself a bit of money, but it soon became clear that the text is way too small for my 40-something eyes (and no, I don't need glasses). Also, with this type of book you really want to have a good look at the pictures, so bigger is always going to be better.

I therefore ordered the standard (280 x 216 mm) edition to compare the two, and it is a much better buy, even at twice the price of the compact version. Honestly, it is false economy to buy the smaller offering, and it's not as if this is the type of book you'll want to cart around anyway. So, just do yourself a favour and buy the bigger one, which although laid-out slightly differently at the front and back, looks identical in terms of content.

Other Amazon reviews will tell you what's inside, suffice to say that anyone who's into guitars, particularly Fender guitars, is bound to enjoy owning it. It's a nice quality book that makes for an interesting read.

I hope that helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best, and certainly the most interesting, 8 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read for Fender fans., 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fender: The Golden Age (Hardcover)
I bought this for my son. He said that it was the best gift he'd ever had and was an excellent book covering the topic of Fender extremely thoroughly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Presented, 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: Fender: The Golden Age (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a fan of Fender guitars and it is superb. The amount of information is incredible, and the visuals used throughout are of high quality. The book itself is very well presented, with a solid cover. I would definitely recommend it to other Fender fans, especially for the cost!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for Fender lovers, 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: Fender: The Golden Age (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my Dad who has playing and collecting fenders for over 20 years so this was the perfect gift for him. He loves it which is good enough for me :)

The book looks expensive, much more than the cost, as it has a luxurious hard back and full colour images. I can't comment much on the content as it was a gift but once I handed it over to him he kept pointing out images and showing me bands and artists and their guitars. And then went on to show me which images in the book he owns or used to owns, and various gigs he played.

This is a must have for any guitar enthusiasts and I have won a lot of brownie points by getting it for my dad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully produced, 28 Sep 2012
Mr. P. Handley (Southsea, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fender: The Golden Age (Hardcover)
I've always been fascinated by guitars, despite my non nimble fingers being completely incapable of actually playing the guitar in any meaningful way.

I got this book on the recommendation of a friend that I used to do elements of music production with at University, and its a beautifully produced book, with excellent imagery and layouts throughout.

I was really intrigued to look at the evolution of the fender during its "golden age" and enjoyed reading about some of my favourite bands and artists use of this brand in that time.

A top, top quality book

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully produced, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: Fender: The Golden Age (Hardcover)
Bought as a present for my brother, a serious guitar and music buff and really tricky to buy him something he doesn't have but will love.

I know he loves his guitar history and his Fender, having received the book I can definitely say the photos are superb and production values are great so I am sure he will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly comprehensive and entertaining, 27 Sep 2012
Dk Thornton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fender: The Golden Age (Hardcover)
Apparently this book took around 10 years to put together, and it shows. I've played guitar for approaching 20 years, and started with a Fender Strat, along with buying every book and magazine I could lay my hands on - so I didn't expect to learn much new.

But this book goes into amazing detail, structured around each model of Fender guitar and amp, starting with the first lap steel guitars and going right up to the CBS takeover. The main models are included (Tele, Strat, Precision Bass, etc), but every guitar and amplifier range is given the same intense level of detail - Mustangs, MusicMasters etc.

There's also an impressive range of photos showing how each model evolved over time, from prototypes through to yearly updates.

If you're interested in acquiring a Fender from the 'golden age', then it's essential. And if you fancy knowing more about the brand and people behind it, whilst daydreaming about a lottery win, then you'll definitely enjoy it.

Definitely recommend for guitar geeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: Fender: The Golden Age (Hardcover)
It's quite rare that I leave feedback but wanted to say how beautifully designed and presented this book is. It's a little smaller than a standard coffee table book, but I think that means it's just going to get read/used more, which is a good thing. The photos are absolutely stunning, a real trip through Americana. Am very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fender Lover's Dream, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Fender: The Golden Age (Hardcover)
Having played guitar for 18 years, and having a particular love for Fender, I can say with some authority that this is one of the best books on the company and their guitars that I've ever read.

Wonderfully covers arguably the most important era in the company's history, including some beautiful imagery of some of the greatest guitars ever created.

Fender: The Golden Age
Fender: The Golden Age by Terry Foster (Hardcover - 1 Nov 2011)
14.75