5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and reliable, 2 Jun 2009
noc "noc" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le Cordon Bleu: Quick and Light (Hardcover)
This is a fantastic cookery book and the best one I have come across so far. I have a number of cookery books but always come back to this one. I've tried a lot of the recipes at this stage and some have become regulars for me. Every single one of them was reliable, easy to follow and written in a friendly and encouraging tone - not what I had expected from the legendary Cordon Bleu school and a very pleasant surprise.

While not all of the recipes are as 'light' as some slimmers might like, an effort is made to substitute some lighter ingredients in the standard French cooking repertoire. Many of them are very quick to make too so the title is justified. I love the quick ideas at the end of each chapter for serving various ingredients, the serving suggestions, the helpful chef's tips where they reassure you that you can substitute tinned white crab for example if you can't get fresh and so on. There is a useful appendix too with conversion tables, menu suggestions, recipes for stocks, preserves and other store cupboard items, lists of store cupboard essentials and other practical information.

The whole book is presented beautifully with tantalising full page photographs and it's divided neatly into the usual sections and recipes are cross-referenced with other recipes for the ideal accompaniments to the dish you are making. It also lists the likely preparation and cooking times on each page though preparation times can always be taken with a grain of salt when you are trying a recipe out for the first time! This is very helpful information yet often annoyingly missing from so many other cookery books.

I don't just like this book; I love it! It has become a faithful friend to me in the kitchen and I wish it was more readily available so I could recommend it to my friends, many of whom have tasted and enjoyed these recipes. If you can get hold of a copy I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Le Cordon Bleu: Quick and Light (Hardcover)
I love it. It was great. I'm really pleased. thank you very much. Thanks you very much. It was great. I'm very pleased. True handbook. Thank you again.

Le Cordon Bleu: Quick and Light
Le Cordon Bleu: Quick and Light by Le Cordon Bleu (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01