5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Ever?
Published on 24 Sep 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars dreary
The reviews for this title just go to prove that art is subjective!

I hated this book, I found the paintings featured were dreary, wishy washy and muddy. The part at the front, about the history of the RWS, was the most interesting part for me.

But that's just my opinion ~ obviously other people loved it.
Published 18 months ago by Cee Jay

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Ever?, 24 Sep 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Watercolour Expert: Insights into Working Methods and Approaches (Royal Watercolour Society) (Hardcover)
I've read them all! My bookshelves are filled with books on watercolour painting but this beats the lot. For the complete amateur ( like me) to the professional. Full of brilliantly reproduced paintings and close-ups of paintings and incredibly informative short articles by the artists this has something for everybody. It isn't strictly a how-to book but describes how real artists work and, most importantly, shows how any method of working in water-based media is valid. It also displays the enormous variety of work which can be produced with what is a rather unfashionable medium. I've learnt more from this than from any other book. It is hugely encouraging for the less talented amongst us. A book to learn from and to keep by your bedside to be inspired by before you drift off to sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 April 2009
Have bought loads of watercolour books but this is the best. I liked the variety of styles. Not a how to paint book but the paintings and the artists' comments about their work is inspirational.

1.0 out of 5 stars dreary, 26 Dec 2012
The reviews for this title just go to prove that art is subjective!

But that's just my opinion ~ obviously other people loved it.

Used & New from: 11.70