5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Table Cookbook - But Recipes Really Work
This is my second Bill Granger cookbook, having previously tried recipes from Bill's Basics. That book had an undeniably Asian bias so it's no surprise that he has turned his hand to an exclusively Asian book.

Now Bill is Australian and it shows in his choice of ingredients. They are readily available in Coles supermarkets but may present more of a challenge to...
Published on 13 Nov 2011 by MisterHobgoblin

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book - slightly disappointing after Best of Bill
I have fallen for Bill Granger since getting Best of Bill which is an absolute gem.

This book, although beautifully presented and very substantial, missed the mark for me a little.

This book is full of asian recipes which I am not hugely inspired to cook. Bill is pictured in the book looking very casual and gives a short introduction to each recipe...
Published on 10 Nov 2011 by Dr. D. E. Goldwater

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bill's Everyday Asian (Hardcover)
A friend in Spain cooked supper for us using recepies from this wonderful book. She sent me a copy via Amazon. I just ordered two for my sons who are also big fans of Bill.. I would highly recommend for flavour, speed and no difficult to get ingredients. The spicy nuts are amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bill's Everyday Asian (Hardcover)
Easy everyday asian food. Does what it says on the tin. Beautifully illustrated and easy to read. This is a great book, lovely recipes using ingredients that you normally have to hand. I am happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could use it every day, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bill's Everyday Asian (Hardcover)
For me this really lived up to its promise. I have never cooked so many recipes from one cookbook before. I am from an asian background and have some experience of cooking asian food, but I really think that the great thing about these recipes is that they are pared down to the minimum number of ingredients and the minimum amount of fuss with no compromise on flavour. Many of these dishes can be cooked quickly after work with little preparation. You do need to have a few asian goods in your store cupboard, probably easily found in one trip to an asian supermarket but these are largely store cupboard goods that will keep.
For anyone who loves asian food, and wants to cook and eat it regularly, this is a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have one!, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bill's Everyday Asian (Hardcover)
There is no other cookery book in my cupboard (and I have loads) that I have used more than this one. The recipes are easy to follow, and everything I've done so far has been delicious.... Really delicious. Also, because of the type of cooking, it's really easy for my children to help. The only slight negative is that I had to spend quite a bit of money at the beginning on ingredients as the recipes have quite an extensive list, but many recipes are for cheaper cuts of meat, so it balances itself out in the end. Overall, a fantastic buy for anyone who likes Asian food.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bill's Everyday Asian (Hardcover)
It's a great book and gives you good ideas and a closer approach to Asian food specially when you don't have much knowledge about this type of cooking. Easy recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cook book, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bill's Everyday Asian (Hardcover)
Great cook book. Easy to follow receives and inspiring. I like the layout of the book and pictures help to see what a dish should look like!

5.0 out of 5 stars easy asian, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bill's Everyday Asian (Hardcover)
This is fast becoming my favourite of this year. Unlike other Asian or oriental books I have bought and then not used this doesn't need difficult to source ingredients or flavours than just taste odd to the western palate or stuff that is really greasy . This is fresh and quick food. There are lots of simple fish recipes [ Vietnamese sticky prawns delicious ] , great tips ie steaming rice and although there are quite a lot of meat recipes I have found them easy to convert to veggy . A real modern approach to Asian fusion .

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely judge the book by this cover! Beautiful!, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Bill's Everyday Asian (Hardcover)
This book makes me smile. Just looking at the light blue and pink and flowers on the cover makes me feel happy. Bill Granger's Australian/Asian style of cooking is fragrant, refreshing, delicious and easy to achieve. Often Asian recipes can contain so many ingredients you're exhausted just looking at it, but these are really great and effective recipes. Try it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 May 2013
Hawkeye (Tewkesbury UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bill's Everyday Asian (Hardcover)
Bought secondhand but was very impressed with the state the book was in, it looked and felt like new! Delivery quick and efficient too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but definitely need some cooking nous!, 29 April 2013
Mr. M. P. Duffy (Littlehampton, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Bill's Everyday Asian (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is definitely not a book for the faint hearted! Luckily I have a penchant for Indian cookery so am quite used to bowls of ingredients everywhere and a last minute dash to assemble the various components! However, if you are a fairly level-headed cook and can overcome the difficulty of obtaining some of the ingredients, then your efforts will be well-rewarded!

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

Bill's Everyday Asian
Bill's Everyday Asian by Bill Granger (Hardcover - 5 Sep 2011)