4.0 out of 5 stars Liberty Love
I have had a life long love affair with Liberty. It's where I bought the fabric for my first ball gown, the circlet of wax flowers and yards of silk tulle for my wedding veil and Tana lawn for my little girls' first summer dresses.

Any book with Liberty in the title should have plenty of beautiful photographs of their exquisite prints but this book excels...
Published on 14 Oct. 2011 by C. E. Hopkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Liberty disappoints...
I really love Liberty, the fabric, the shop, the whole bit. I liked the heft and feel of this book, but I feel it's a sumptuously produced, beautifully photographed book of - not a lot.
The actual content was very disappointing, and the projects largely impractical; there's actually nothing in the book I would like to make. The quilt projects in particular are poorly...
Published on 22 Nov. 2011 by Marge

4.0 out of 5 stars the liberty book of home sewing, 27 April 2012
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Home Sewing (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book to browse through and plan what to make next. So far I have only made one thing - the Pinny - but that was what attracted me to the book in the first place. There are some things (let's face it) that I will never want to make because they're just not my aesthetic but you never know when these things may be just right to make as gifts. I really like the look and feel of the book too, especially the cloth-like cover. I probably won't be buying any Liberty fabrics to make the items with because it's not in my price range but there are plenty of alternatives out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Inspiring Designs, 14 April 2012
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Home Sewing (Hardcover)
As expected some gorgeous designs- not just the lovely Liberty fabric used but the designs are the kind of thing I can see myself making which is not always the case in this type of book. Although I am pretty much a beginner, the designs are well written and look achievable. It would have been nice to have included some information on basic stitches and advice on what would be possible via hand stitching as opposed to machine stitching. Overall highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, although not for the novice, 27 July 2013
K. L. Beeden (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Home Sewing (Hardcover)
The book itself is incredible quality, trademark Liberty prints jump off the cover and the hardback book ensures that it will last well and not become dog-eared with use. The patterns within it are pretty, in particular the pinny, but as a beginner the patterns are a bit daunting. I will return to the book as I become more competent though, and the items are aesthetically attractive and useable-not something that can always be said about craft books!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great, I thought, 7 July 2014
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Home Sewing (Hardcover)
I am a lover of Liberty fabrics and grabbed this book when I saw it in the library. Great, I thought, some new ideas for my stash of Liberty. Thank goodness I hadn't bought this book. I would have really felt short changed. For me, the projects were both impractical and utterly boring. No inspiration in here I'm afraid. Think I'll stick to 'pinterest'

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a very limited book, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Home Sewing (Hardcover)
The book was very well laid out but, if you want a book that gives you more day to day assistance with tasks this is not the book for you, I thought that this would be a good addition to the book already in my possession I was wrong.

It has lots of pretty tasks to perform but they have relatively little use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Book, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Home Sewing (Hardcover)
I have had a copy of this delightful book for some years now and bought this copy for a friend who rang me to say how thrilled she was with it and has already started making a couple of things in the book.
If you buy one as a present make sure you buy another copy for yourself, you will love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Home Sewing (Hardcover)
This book is a treat for the eyes with its lovely illustrations but a bit lightweight in terms of the projects included. I would think users of Liberty fabrics might be more confident sewers. However there are a few nice projects and I will keep coming back to the lovely fabric illustrations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at, 17 April 2012
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Home Sewing (Hardcover)
This is a beautifully produced book and you just want to flick backwards and forwards between the pages. But.... the instructions are difficult to follow. I couldn't have coped unless I was being helped by my mum, a very experienced sewer. I'm sure it misses steps out.

5.0 out of 5 stars good instructions in a beautifully presented book, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Home Sewing (Hardcover)
Running a small General Sewing Class,this book along with the Liberty Book of Simple Sewing has provided me with ideal little projects for the beginner/intermediate sewer to feel confident using their machine,good instructions in a beautifully presented book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book to go back to again and again, 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Home Sewing (Hardcover)
A well presented book full of very useful things to make, just a little bit different from other books. Directions for making clear and easy to follow. All patterns have to be made. Excellent directory of Liberty fabrics.

The Liberty Book of Home Sewing
The Liberty Book of Home Sewing by Liberty (Hardcover - 3 Oct. 2011)