Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 January 2014
I love the layout of this book with the basics at the beginning all clearly explained and illustrated. There is a great selection of recipes ranging from the simplest to the more sophisticated. I would recommend this book either for beginners or for the more experienced cook looking for ideas. I gave four stars rather than five because like so many other baking books the size of tin required varies wildly from recipe to recipe and with a small kitchen I cannot accommodate dozens of tins!
on 5 March 2015
Mouthwatering puddings. who can resist them? Hubby wanted the recipe for the Blueberry Pudding - hasn't tried it yet as he's too busy baking others from the book. I'm a big fan of James ..he pulls no punches and says it as it is...being honest. Love the Saturday Morning Kitchen programme and also his work changing hospital me use.

Will use this book time and time again!
on 4 September 2013
I love James Martin's non nonsense approach to cooking and baking. This one is everything I hoped for. All the techniques like making choux pastry, meringues, and his famous sugar baskets explained simply and with photographs to aid understanding of the processes will help me to help my grandchildren progress on from baking simple cupcakes and cookies. If you are a competent baker you probably don't need it, if you aren't or are like me a fairly competent baker teaching others, its a godsend.
on 4 May 2014
Discovered this book through watching James onTV whilst I recovered from a foot operation!
Love the book and will be making many of the wonderful desserts in time.

Would certainly recommend this book

Especially enjoyed the programme in which James flew his aircraft around the UK. This added great interest to the show.

Will certainly be looking for more of his books.
on 22 March 2013
The only book you would ever need for desserts, easy to understand and by a terrific chef this book will not disappoint
on 7 December 2013
This book does not disappoint. James Martin doing what he does best - fabulous sweets, and recipes that really work.
on 15 September 2013
I love cook books and this one has some old favourites in it and some I haven't tried before. The methods are short and simple and the results are great. The pictures in the book make all the recipes really tempting.
on 24 August 2013
A really good dessert book with mouthwatering pictures. Good method instructions. I recommend this recipie book. Worth having in the kitchen.
on 27 January 2016
Great book! Well illustrated & easy to follow recipe's.Something for every one from complete novice to experienced cook.Definately recommend this book...5*
on 30 January 2016
A must buy had this book for a few years and still use it all the time, the desserts are also easily convert able into gluten free options