5.0 out of 5 stars At last, a glamour guide for olderwomen that's fun!
Published on 10 Oct 2010 by Joanna Ball

3.0 out of 5 stars For grown ups who want a good laugh
I read this book in one evening. Although I can't really say it helped much in the sense of content and making huge changes to the way I look, for sheer entertainment value, I am glad I bought it.

There was a very interesting chapter on facelifts - ie don't have one and the reasons why.

The womanly (read: catty) remarks were funny and the...
Published on 18 Oct 2010 by beth lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, a glamour guide for olderwomen that's fun!, 10 Oct 2010
This review is from: Grown-up Glamour (Hardcover)
I was soooo happy to get this as I loved How To Be Adored. As a 40+ woman I have really hated style guides written for my age group - they either fall into the category of spending loads of money on anti-wrinkle cream, botox etc or are new age type things that try and get me in touch with my spirituality. This is glamorous, has tips from gorgeous older women and style icons from Marlene Diterich, Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn through to Sharon Stone, Cate Winslet and Catherine Zeta-Jones. There's is loads of advice - the chapters on hair and make-up are really useful and I loved the clever travel stuff - how to do a city in the manner of particular stars Madrid like Ava Gardner, Los Angeles like Kim Novak giving the names and addresses of the old Hollywood bars and venues. Truly inpirational!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grown up guidance, 18 Feb 2012
This review is from: Grown-up Glamour (Hardcover)
This was a good style reminder - some of the content was a reinforcement of what we already know - key style items include good fitting trousers an LBD, trench coat etc, but there was enough new to me information to make it worth buying.
Helpful sections on handbags and dating: especially how to spot fakes in both contexts...

Have already recommended it to several friends - great to dip into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting Advice, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Grown-up Glamour (Hardcover)
Very good fun, excellent message and sound advice. What's not to love? Thought had lots of research and didn't fall back on use of Botox. Very feel good and intelligent.

3.0 out of 5 stars For grown ups who want a good laugh, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Grown-up Glamour (Hardcover)

The womanly (read: catty) remarks were funny and the photographs were lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wealth of wisdom wrapped in a fun practical package., 15 Oct 2010
MAX25 (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grown-up Glamour (Hardcover)
What a fantastic book. Intelligent but also hugely fun, practical without being patronising, interestingly historical but bang up-to-date. This is both an enjoyable read as well as an insightful and useful guide. Will be stocking up on these for girlfriends' gifts this Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Culturally Clever, 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: Grown-up Glamour (Hardcover)
I loved this book, Ms Cox had me laughing out loud. I actually am going back into my wardrobe to search out my winkle pickers and my little black dress now that I know how to wear them both more glamourously! This is not an ordinary style guide, it is full of witty, intelligent quotes and iconic pictures. It also offers friendly tips that persuade me to book an overnight in a chic hotel on Sunset Boulevard. From art deco references to jawline skin replenishment, this is a gem of a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars BINGO!! - A must-have beauty bible!, 13 Nov 2010
This review is from: Grown-up Glamour (Hardcover)
This fantastic and comprehensive godsend has saved me from the increasing invisibility experienced by many at my time of life - but it does so in a really fun and glam way. Its planted me firmly back on the radar and is fun, witty and interesting too! All round great read and great resource!!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB!, 17 Oct 2010
K. Siddiqui (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grown-up Glamour (Hardcover)
I bought 'How to Be Adored' for the wife & she loved it, so when I noticed there was a second one I jumped at the chance to buy it as a Christmas gift. I started to look at it & couldn't stop reading it 'cause the humour made me laugh out loud. As a bloke, I wouldn't know my style from my elbow but there seemed a lot of tips on how to look and feel good. I was also pleased to see lots of recommended products for skin, hair etc that weren't too expensive as the missis spends a fortune on face cream!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab coffee table book., 14 Aug 2013
Mary Young (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grown-up Glamour (Hardcover)
Fab little book to have on your coffee table. I have given it to friends for birthdays and they have also loved it. I've also read all of it as it is one of those books that is easy to flick through. It's also very pretty as the leaves on the outer cover are velvet, very girly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and full of great tips, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Grown-up Glamour (Hardcover)
A worthwhile read for anyone of a more 'mature' age who wishes to
overhaul their look - a recommended purchase

Grown-up Glamour
Grown-up Glamour by Caroline Cox (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2010)