5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the Nordics!
Published on 25 Jan. 2010 by S. Johansen

2.0 out of 5 stars You either love beetroot or you hate beetroot...
....and I fall into the latter, in fact I loathe beetroot....even the smell of it makes me want to vomit. The reason why I'm saying this is that so many of the recipes in this book include beetroot. Thankfully the recipes that have the beetroot as part of the sauces so it can be omitted. I've only just got the book and skimmed through it, but the bread and jelly/jam...
Published 14 months ago by C. D. McBride

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the Nordics!, 25 Jan. 2010
S. Johansen "scandilicious" (london, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
Trina Hahnemann's follow-up to her luscious Scandinavian Cookbook is a guide to adopting healthy eating habits rather than a diet book per se. I tried the spelt pancakes with blueberries, the mussel, leek and potato soup, the smoothie recipes and her bread recipes and they're all brilliant. You feel healthy eating these dishes without that feeling of being on a diet. In other words, there's plenty of flavour in Trina's dishes! The game recipes all look so tempting, am sad this wasn't published earlier in game season. Definitely a great investment, and I may be biased but I suspect we'll hear much more of Nordic/Scandinavian food over here, thanks to Trina.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nordic cook book!, 8 July 2010
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
I have several cook books specialised in Nordic cuisine and this is so far the best one. I especially love the baking section. Shower bun with spelt flour and Rye bread is my favorite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous - A Real Change, 23 Jan. 2010
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
Love it, love it, love it. Gorgeous book, gorgeous photos and truly gorgeous food., I have made a number of the recipes in this book and have loved them. Even my very Italian husband has enjoyed the recipes ... and he does not give his approval lightly!! The apple and pear oat crumble is already a favourite in our house. Ingredients are easy to come by - even fresh yeast is available from the bakery counters in supermarkets. I do have a slight bias - being from the northern European background and having a love of baking and cooking "from scratch", but this is a fab book not only from a 'diet' point of view but also, and mainly, from a good food point of view. I have ordered and received her other book 'The Scandinavian Cookbook' on the back of this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice simple food, 16 April 2015
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
I bought this book a while a go and have tried some of the recipes which are tasty. However I made the coleslaw for the baked fish, I think there is a mistake in the amount of mustard powder to use. I tried a mouthful and cleared my sinuses in doing so. I love hot spicy food but this recipe is too much even for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a work in progress but the principles of healthy eating are excellent., 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
Still using this book as a guide for my daily diet. Really changed the way I eat as a result, with a vast reduction in meat and increase in fish. Still a work in progress but the principles of healthy eating are excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting and different., 8 Feb. 2010
Waxing Gibbous "G." (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
I came across this book whilst reading an article in the 'Metro' newspaper and it peaked my interest. I'm very much into healthy eating and this seemed to have a unique angle I had never considered before; 'The Nordic Diet'. Packed full of interesting recipes from soups to roast dinners I'm sure this has something for everyone not just the health conscious. The book itself is well laid out with excellent photography. The author is clear and concise. I was particularly interested in the bread recipes and have tried out every single one with great success. One criticism however, is the lack of a pasta recipe as Spelt is much lauded, and in Scandinavia you can probably find Spelt based pasta quite easily, however in the UK I have had no luck in finding any, so would be interested in having a recipe included within the book. Other than that I would definitely recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sort of just want it on my shelf to remind myself of a great trip to Copenhagen, 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
Haven't tried anything but book seems full of promise. Sort of just want it on my shelf to remind myself of a great trip to Copenhagen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nordic Diet - Nothing but pleasure, 5 July 2010
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
What a fantastic book...superb recipes, handy tips and great lifestyle advice.

All I need to do now is move to Copenhagen and live the lifestyle to match the diet! Wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
I have a few Nordic diet books, this one is hands down the best

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat well - be well!, 1 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
I like this book with plenty of interesting and easy to prepare recipes from the North. If you want to lose weight and want to eat well, here you are. Vegetable, fish, and meat in Nordic combination will never leave you hungry.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Nordic Diet
The Nordic Diet by Trina Hahnemann (Paperback - 1 Jan. 2010)