5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the Nordics!
Published on 25 Jan 2010 by S. Johansen

2.0 out of 5 stars You either love beetroot or you hate beetroot...
Published 3 months ago by C. D. McBride

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the Nordics!, 25 Jan 2010
S. Johansen "scandilicious" (london, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
Trina Hahnemann's follow-up to her luscious Scandinavian Cookbook is a guide to adopting healthy eating habits rather than a diet book per se. I tried the spelt pancakes with blueberries, the mussel, leek and potato soup, the smoothie recipes and her bread recipes and they're all brilliant. You feel healthy eating these dishes without that feeling of being on a diet. In other words, there's plenty of flavour in Trina's dishes! The game recipes all look so tempting, am sad this wasn't published earlier in game season. Definitely a great investment, and I may be biased but I suspect we'll hear much more of Nordic/Scandinavian food over here, thanks to Trina.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous - A Real Change, 23 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
Love it, love it, love it. Gorgeous book, gorgeous photos and truly gorgeous food., I have made a number of the recipes in this book and have loved them. Even my very Italian husband has enjoyed the recipes ... and he does not give his approval lightly!! The apple and pear oat crumble is already a favourite in our house. Ingredients are easy to come by - even fresh yeast is available from the bakery counters in supermarkets. I do have a slight bias - being from the northern European background and having a love of baking and cooking "from scratch", but this is a fab book not only from a 'diet' point of view but also, and mainly, from a good food point of view. I have ordered and received her other book 'The Scandinavian Cookbook' on the back of this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nordic cook book!, 8 July 2010
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
I have several cook books specialised in Nordic cuisine and this is so far the best one. I especially love the baking section. Shower bun with spelt flour and Rye bread is my favorite!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting and different., 8 Feb 2010
Waxing Gibbous "G." (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
I came across this book whilst reading an article in the 'Metro' newspaper and it peaked my interest. I'm very much into healthy eating and this seemed to have a unique angle I had never considered before; 'The Nordic Diet'. Packed full of interesting recipes from soups to roast dinners I'm sure this has something for everyone not just the health conscious. The book itself is well laid out with excellent photography. The author is clear and concise. I was particularly interested in the bread recipes and have tried out every single one with great success. One criticism however, is the lack of a pasta recipe as Spelt is much lauded, and in Scandinavia you can probably find Spelt based pasta quite easily, however in the UK I have had no luck in finding any, so would be interested in having a recipe included within the book. Other than that I would definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nordic Diet - Nothing but pleasure, 5 July 2010
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
What a fantastic book...superb recipes, handy tips and great lifestyle advice.

All I need to do now is move to Copenhagen and live the lifestyle to match the diet! Wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous pictures, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
Great recipes, felt you could almost pick the dish off the photo to eat it there and then. Very good

4.0 out of 5 stars nordic diet, 21 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
A very nice book it wasn't what I thought it would be.If Ihad looked through it first Idon't think Iwould have bought it,but having said that it is a nice book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat well - be well!, 1 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
I like this book with plenty of interesting and easy to prepare recipes from the North. If you want to lose weight and want to eat well, here you are. Vegetable, fish, and meat in Nordic combination will never leave you hungry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dunse Man, 15 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
Lovely book. For too long our cuisines have been dominated by a Mediterranean bias. This book and the ingredients it employs, reminds us in UK of the great Northern tradition of foods and the powerful and delicious raw material we can grow in these latitudes. It's time to rediscover some of these wonderful tastes or look again at the cuisine of our grandparents, given an up-dating, and delicious twist by by Ms Hahnemann in a delightful and unpretentious book

2.0 out of 5 stars You either love beetroot or you hate beetroot..., 2 May 2014
C. D. McBride (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Nordic Diet (Paperback)
....and I fall into the latter, in fact I loathe beetroot....even the smell of it makes me want to vomit. The reason why I'm saying this is that so many of the recipes in this book include beetroot. Thankfully the recipes that have the beetroot as part of the sauces so it can be omitted. I've only just got the book and skimmed through it, but the bread and jelly/jam recipes look well worth trying...that's if I can figure out where to buy spelt flour. Beetroot aside, the books big downfall for me is that I don't find myself drawn to Nordic food or culture by this book. Nordic food has to be more than spelt, rye and 'the dreaded' beetroot. As I said before I'll try one or 2 recipes and then end up giving the book away or re-selling it. If you do want to buy this I recommended opting for the used cheaper versions.

The Nordic Diet
The Nordic Diet by Trina Hahnemann (Paperback - 1 Jan 2010)
9.85